Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Personal responsibility is dead

Re: Personal responsibility is dead

Do you guys even want to know about this b.s.?

re: http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_16586585

[Our view, partial soapboxy speach bit]

The point I see not being addressed is why don't they just let Darwinism take its course?

Honestly, and I have had to work with some people in the city during my internship for the Autistic Instructor/Socio-Behav/Psych Classes is ultimately this:

B/C then some asshat full of themselves and self righteous not to blame in their own eyes parent would sue the local civic entities and law enforcement, school, (whatever or whomever they choose to try to blame) for nobody doing anything at all in the first place, because we know, the parents and how they taught and raised their kids are never to blame..

..right?

*Note: I am in all instances and for all purposes, still a "WildCat". As in yeah, CSU-Chico. The year before I was a freshman was all the Pioneer Days Rioting. Then they tried to go all Dry Campus. Then they forced those of us of age, caught drinking or even smelling of beer after a night's partying to attend an "A.A." class. Then they banned Purple Passion drinks from our liquor store. Then they banned Everclear. Then they banned bikes on campus b/c some drunk ass fell off his bike riding back to his dorm on campus at night..it goes on. Out of all that guess, what, I had to attend an A.A. class b/c my room mate was wasted and I was helping him inside so we could watch him..guilty by association.

I didn't get mad, I didn't sue, I helped organize a protest against the stupidity. Ultimately I made a choice to lay off and associate w/ different people. It wasn't all of the above that made me decide this..It was watching someone get shot wasted off his gourd on Acid when trying to attack and steal an officer's weapon.

Why would I even goto party's where people do like they do in the link you provided? (The same stuff I saw when younger.) Why would I risk my future self happiness?

These kids will not learn by force. They'll have to learn through Darwinism, it's that simple. I did, though not through personal injury, seeing that last bit along with some other stuff in life has made me try to always make solid and straight choices. Yeah, maybe it makes me a jerk, but guess what? I'm still here watching people still do stupid crap but not getting hurt in the process. (*Please for this example, exclude the jackass who blew that stopsign and injured me recently. I'm not judging him or that..just yet.)

Don't get down on all of this, it takes a lot out of you to be mad. Yes, you're right it is stupid, but try to focus on the overall picture and enjoy life a little.

Maybe by this point of this post I have even convinced myself that responsibility really isn't dead. It's just that people are just so full of $h!t (themselves) they can't see their actions should and will have consequences to face when God or Karma, or whatever steps in with the smack across the face.

It's been this way for a while. Try not to delve to personally into it. Mind yourself, mind your ethics and standards..

Most of all, stay true to them and yourself and you won't always be affected by the societal bullshyte that happens these days.

It does get better. (*or at least I keep trying to believe and see that.)

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck
    When we are not allowed to suffer the consequences of our behaviors and choices, not only are we stunted in every facet of being, but we are not free. When others must suffer consequences for someone else's behaviors/choices, then we are not free. When we abandon morality we are not free.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

...because alcohol prohibition worked so well the first time.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Navigator

- Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck
    ...because alcohol prohibition worked so well the first time.
    Guess it's back to coffee and jack for the traditional trucker's breakfast for everyone then?

Next in line will be the taurine infused mixers? No more RedBull and Vodka for all the hyper young adults?

Ha RedBull and Vodka is one of my friends staples.
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12