Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 3.4l engine issue/question

Re: 3.4l engine issue/question

Oh driver side plug by the firewall.. my must you be in such a tight place?! If I could get that bar out of the way it might not be so bad.

What # plug is the middle passenger side? #2? It had unburnt fuel on it, and I believe the code was for plug #2 misfire.

(Update: I got 'er done shortly after posting this^. Running like a champ now. I managed to fit the 4Runner all the way in the garage which was good considering it was snowing right after I started working on it. I wish I had some throttle body cleaner on hand.. it was extremely dirty. I also have a good deal of slack in my throttle/cruise/trans kickdown cables.. I may sneak out and take care of that tomorrow.)

Well the 4Runner Santa gave me a CEL on the way to pick up my grandparents from their hotel! I guess I'll be taking another trip to AutoZone to get the codes read.

(4Runner has ran fine / no CEL since I did the plugs/wires. It's running fine now, but just the CEL.)

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    Well I guess I'll be taking another trip to AutoZone to get the codes read.
    Get it read and post em up.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

P0141! The reader said 2 codes, but both codes were P0141 on the scanner. Just the second P0141 had like a p/d symbol or something after it.. I was just using the cheap scanner that AutoZone had.

I found a thread on TOF that said P0141 = the 02 Sensor after the cat? Which I could see being the case because that sensor blew off last winter.

If that's the case I should probably order it now while AutoZone has a 40% off coupon online (edit: I guess I'm not worried about the coupon because it's cheaper on URD even after the 40% off on AutoZone).

i got my o2's at www.sparkplugs.com. highly recommended. buy ONLY DENSO or NGK. no bosch!!!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Thanks for the link. They've got pretty competitive prices.

I wonder, if it's just the rear 02, is it worth the hassle? The only purpose of the rear is to let me know if the cat is bad right? I shouldn't see any reduced gas mileage from this. If that IS the case, then I might let this ride out until April when it's not cold and snowy out.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    Thanks for the link. They've got pretty competitive prices.

I wonder, if it's just the rear 02, is it worth the hassle? The only purpose of the rear is to let me know if the cat is bad right? I shouldn't see any reduced gas mileage from this. If that IS the case, then I might let this ride out until April when it's not cold and snowy out.
    P0141 is a code for heated oxygen sensor cicuit malfunction (bank 1 sensor 2). No you shouldn't see any drop in MPG from it, just wait until spring to fix it if you don't mind looking at the CEL for a few months. Also, be sure to check the ground on the drivers side of the intake manifold first, since it is held on by a screw and if it's not clean and tight you can get that OBD code from it.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Ok, good to know.

I also have this lovely intermittent issue.. Tonight after I got gas I turned the key & it started up and died right away, twice. Its done that a few times on and off for about a year now..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234