So the wife and I can't agree on what kind of camera to get to replace my waterproof Olympus. I had an Olympus 850 for work that I took with me everywhere. Walks, duck hunting, fishing, etc. It was waterproof and could (and did) withstand substantial falls. My wife didn't really lke it but we both want to replace it, but this time I'm thinking of going to the video side and getting a Kodak PlaySport ZX3 http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-PlaySpor...9634878&sr=1-1. In the past we would rarely take video of our son with the Olympus becuase it just wasn't that good. It stopped recording sound towards the end. I want to get more vidoe now that he's really talking and running around like a mad man. It would also be sweet to have video out when I'm hunting. My wife just wants to take pics when shes out on walks, but waterproofness is a must eitherway due to our constant rain/snow/saltwater up here.

The Playsport takes 5mp stills, so I don't think it would be much different than the old olympus, plus I think she'd come to love the HD vedio.

What suggestions do you guys have?

Erich