Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1 day to convince me on tires..

Re: 1 day to convince me on tires..

*Pulling the sway bar still wouldn't resolve the tire hitting the idler arm. Why they say you can't fit factory wheels with 33/12.5's. We swapped on the 10.5 KM2's and it handled like crap. I've had the 12.5's put back on and have ordered up a set of 1-1/4" wheel spacers. It should work all well and I'll get a pic after they're installed and I can get out to some dirt. A little wider (2.5"-3" total) track width added isn't going to do anything buy help stability at speed. I'll decide if I want to run them both front and rear or not after a bit.

You won't get full stuff in the rear if you run those spacers with 12.5 wide tires.

Mine barely fit in there, any wider and they wouldn't fit, but they fit pretty good now
    [img width=800 height=535]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm27/jonuksf/2010%204th%20PPHHR/DSC_0288.jpg[/img]

It will be interesting to see what spacing it out that far will do for you on the front. I think you will rub the rear of your fender more while turned and flexing. Also you will have to be careful if you jump it at all with them spaced out since they might be able to actually hit the fender if compressed hard.

I've got a video that I still need to upload that shows how close mine comes to hitting the top outside of the front fender but just barely fits inside it.

I was actually considering getting the 10.5's and run some spacers with those. Basically running a narrow (lighter tire) but still keep the stance I have now.
    My signature

[img width=800 height=535]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm27/jonuksf/2010%204th%20PPHHR/DSC_0284.jpg[/img]

Hollister??

What're your wheels sized and backspaced at, all I find is "painted steel wheels with..33x12.5x15 General Grabber MT's"?
    15x7's or 15x8's? IIRC yours are 15x8's, so if I space the 15x7 alloy out it works like an 8, I just slightly "balloon" the tire, and not by much. Therefore they might fit. I should've popped for the American Alloy Classics set when I had them in front of me and none of this would even be an issue, it's what I get for being nostalgic about crap. Total newb mindset there..I'm not too worried, I'll get all this sorted soon enough, besides, I can always just sell the extra spacers if I don't use them locally.

*Tried searching for the post about the specs but no luck so far. They might not stuff in back at articulation..only way to know for sure it to try really. IIRC your coils are FJ80's while mine are FJC's. Stiffer in my case so it might not even want to stuff much anyhow. I'll get it all mounted and go down and use our "Approved RTI-Indexing Tool".

*O/T..all that chrome getting in the way?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    *O/T..all that chrome getting in the way?
    Nope, does it look like it's in the way? Fits like a glove! The stock mudflaps don't fit though, nor is there any room for any kind of bolt head

Yeah mine are 15x8, and slightly less backspacing than yours, so we're looking at 1" difference overall per side, that's why I was wondering if 1.5" spacers might end up being too much, because at full stuff front and rear, I don't have a .5" inch to spare.
    My signature

Same thought here on the spacing man, why I went with the 1.25" ones instead.

Here you go, another crappy cell phone pic, sorry it's raining and I didn't want to waste time doing a poseur shot.
    I'll add a good one in later on next week.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123