Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 day to convince me on tires..

Re: 1 day to convince me on tires..

I have been thinking about the Treadwrights too.
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Thanks for the feedback. I wanted to decide to stick with what I know works for all the conditions I drive in and skip sacrificing anything for now. 33-12.50/15's went on since the shop had them sitting right there and were willing to let me throw them on to check fitment. So far it looks and street drives OK, but there is rub on the sway bar and idler-arm at full lock and the upper a-arm at cycling. I need to have like 1/2-3/4" of clearance between the tire and the upper arm outer with my 1" ball-joint spacers. I'm having them order me up a set of the KM-2's in the 10.5 width because for some unknown reason all the 33-10.5/15 TA-KO's are on "National backorder".

Here's a teaser shot, it really doesn't do it justice. My ground clearance is decent and it handles great. I am waiting to see how the rest of this week plays out and hoping to get the 10.5's by this Friday for a shakedown run.

*Maybe just pop for a front set of wheel spacers or find out if Toy Connection has a different set of wheels around to use instead.

Thoughts about front spacers only here guys?

Navigator

personally, the only wheel spacers i would ever run are hubcentric bolt on spacers (bolt to your existing lugs, and have their own lugs that you bolt the wheel to).. but those tend to run about $70 for each corner.

on the other hand, you can probably find a decent set of lower offset wheels fairly cheap if you look around on CL and such (remember that 6 lug chevys use the same bolt pattern). With my set of 15x8 +0 (4" backspacing) i was able to run my 33x12.5" Duratracs on my 2nd gen with just 1.5" bj spacers, and very little rubbing (only rubbed on the splash guards at full lock)
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Decided to pull the trigger and go ahead and try the 33/10.5-15 KM2's..they'll be in by Thursday and I'll try them and decide after a spin on them.

ditch the anti swaybar, you won't rub on it anymore....
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    ditch the anti swaybar, you won't rub on it anymore....
    I thought you were still using yours except offroad?

The alternative in my mind was (honestly) well, I could go SAS and say f-this stuff anyhow.
    That would defeat the DD concept for now..we're banking money and paying everything down for something soon (maybe). Another vehicle, another kid, a new place, I dunno..So thought of that actually, but the fact they also hit the idler arm made the decision final. Besides with Winter driving up HWY4 from Copperopolis to Bear Valley, or HWY88 into Kirkwood I'd want that sway bar there.

Nah, the front's been off for a really long time and the rear one has been off for awhile too (ever since I put in the elocker rear).

Handles windy mountain roads just fine, both by itself and towing my trailer.

My signature

Navigator

iv got no sways either... but with my LT the truck leans a lot in corners :-P
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

with my raised COG from the spare tire, i lean alot with the front bar removed. im pretty used to it, but it scares the crap out of my passengers.

i am looking for new front endlinks, since i broke one a few years ago.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast