Thread: fj springs on 4 runner

fj springs on 4 runner

Has anyone heard if FJ cruiser springs will fit under a 2nd gen 4 runner ? will it raise it any or even have the factory height ? can get some factory ones for free and thinking of trying them but i wanted to see if anyone has before me and if they worked out
    92 toyota 4runner sr5 v6 , 74 plymouth duster project

Navigator

Re: fj springs on 4 runner

im not sure, find out the diameter of the springs.. if i had to guess, i would say they probably have a diameter closer to that of a 3rd gen 4runner, which is smaller than the diameter of our 2nd gen springs
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Haven't heard about it, but try it out and let us know!
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

pm norcalborn .... he has them on his second gen 4runner
    My signature

I'm just seeing this thread. The factory FJ-C coils give you about a 2-1/2" net lift. Combined with a 1" 4Crawler Balljoint spacer it is a nice mid lift. The one's I have are not meant for uber-flex if that is what your hope is for along with lift netting articulation. They're meant for solid handling being paramount whether loaded or not.

When we travel there's usually around 250-300lbs of gear in back and the ride stays level and compliant. Around town and on the freeway without the load it's tight handling and immediately responsive without excessive body roll as I am still running my sway bars front and rear. I like them, so I guess that counts somehow.

The brake lspv riser bracket you'll need to fab is slightly smaller than the one for the 80 series coils by 1/2" and you'll still need to have the lspv bracket adjusted for proper line pressure to happen.