Thread: Fumoto Valve installed

Fumoto Valve installed

I have a stainless steel skid plate so changing oil is total pain in the butt. so I cut a hole through the plate and put a Fumoto valve in the place of the oil drain plug. also added a small piece of vinyl tube just to keep junks out.

94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Re: Fumoto Valve installed

sweet! i bought one too. the skidrow front plate has a hole slightly to the rear of where it needs to be. oil changes were ending up on the ground. im looking forward to using mine.

that and an oil filter relocate would make oil changes a snap. i dont have a problem removing a skid to do an oil change (synthetic makes it less of a pain) but the filter drains all over the front diff.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I've been using a Fumoto valve (with a Skid Row plate) for the last ~40,000 miles or so, works great!

That reminds me, I need to take photos of my remote filter install...
    --- Gary

i want one on my fzj80, but the oil pan is so exposed, i feel it'd get snapped right off without having a skid plate
    1994 fzj80, factory locked,snorkel,
    MT stinger front, swing down rear,, cb, 37" km2s<br />1993 xtra cab... SOLD

Had mine for about 15K miles now and I love it. I have the skid row plate like Troy and the flow would be fine until the level in the pan got low. Then it would just trickle all over the skid and leave a bunch of oil on the ground.
    I have a 6"+ hose on it that folds in under the skid so when I'm ready I just pull the hose out and its good to go.

My only complaint is that it drains realllllly slow.
    Slow enough that I have enough time to change the filter and get back near the front and still see a decent amount of oil draining out.

Fumoto drain valve + plastic bag trick on the 2.7 oil filter = NO MESS OIL CHANGES!
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

link to said plastic bag trick pls
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

More than loosening the filter a bit, placing a bag over the filter and removing the filter by hand? It makes everything much cleaner.

Nothing to it really. Just grab a gallon zip lock bag and once the filter is loose you can put the bag all the way around the filter and the filter bracket.

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...ad.php?t=14443
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Nice - thanks!
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps