Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help finding a place

need help finding a place

I remember seeing pics of a BLM or Nat'l Park somewhat near the 4 Corners area that looked like a grey alien planet, but can't remember where it was or where I saw the pics. I remember a bunch of tall crooked pointy spires and that it was very surreal looking (again, very grey / monochrome). All I can find in my search is Fantasy Canyon in Utah, but I'm not sure that's it . . . any help would be appreciated, thanks
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Re: need help finding a place

Monument Valley?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    Monument Valley?
    No, too much color in the landscape. I dunno, maybe it is Fantasy Canyon, but I thought it was more towrds AZ / NV / southern UT . . . . any other thoughts guys?

I don't know the area... I have a few books on Utah geology right now though for a project I have to do.
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Fantasy is what I was gonna reply with next..IIRC that's where part of the filming of Chronicles of Riddick took place and some of the newer Sg-Universe sets are.

*Pic borrowed from Kapple Media.

**O/T..need to chat w/ you about something I am considering..possibly real soon. Check your pm's n give me a call.

Whoa. That is crazy cool. I'm fascinated...
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

OK, looks like later this week we'll be driving to Park City and Fantasy Canyon

(replied to PM)

I might do my paper on the basin this is in now, lol. Thanks!

Found it Avoid my mistake and, if you go looking for it, remember that you can only get there from the north near Vernal or the east near Bonanza - My navi took us from the south through 50 miles of unmaintained dirt road and washboard, above the snow line with ice covered shelf roads and then wanted me to drive through a very sturdy looking gate with a large padlock on it. After backtracking, and almost getting creamed by an F350 barreling around a blind turn, we lost 3 hrs. It's not as large as I thought it would be, it probably only took us 30 minutes to walk through the area. I would recommend visiting if you happen to be in the area or have an interest in odd geology. For us, after our detour, we decided "it was neat, but not worth the hassle it took us to get there." GPS coordinates are 40.057329,-109.393558 and the short road to the exact site is at 40.058203,-109.399791

Navigator

sucks about the detour, but looks really cool nonetheless..
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast