Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Official" 13th Annual Superstition Mountain Run whos going?

Re: "Official" 13th Annual Superstition Mountain Run whos going?

Well the tank now has sliders. Still gotta finish the gussets and stuff, but they're on there. No more door sliding.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Sliders holy Shit maybe we can actually wheel that thing now! pics?
    85 4 runner that&#39;s just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

Quote Originally Posted by Tankota
    Well the tank now has sliders. Still gotta finish the gussets and stuff, but they're on there. No more door sliding.
    pics or you never did it
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

Quote Originally Posted by randver
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankota
    pics or you never did it
    Alright alright, I'll get you all proof pics tomorrow when its light out.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Well, I got registered, and got my TCase re-installed. But after the install I found the output shaft is bent (about 50 thou runout). It shakes like a dog sh***ing razor blades at 55-65 mph, but is smooth at 40 & below.

So, I think I can borrow a trailer and tow it. But, I'm wondering if the shaft will hold up on the runs...??

No time or money to fix it before Superstition.

Zach, Mikey, your opinions, please...

Jim
    &#39;89 Flatbed with detroits and 4 tires

I am heading out on Sat...not going on the cattle run this year. I may go on a run Sunday though.
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

looks like i might have some friends join me this year in there stock heep.

im planing to head out there friday as soon as the wife gets off work.

since you want an easier run you want to run lost dutchman sunday marc?
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling_Jim
    Well, I got registered, and got my TCase re-installed. But after the install I found the output shaft is bent (about 50 thou runout). It shakes like a dog sh***ing razor blades at 55-65 mph, but is smooth at 40 & below.

So, I think I can borrow a trailer and tow it. But, I'm wondering if the shaft will hold up on the runs...??

No time or money to fix it before Superstition.

Zach, Mikey, your opinions, please...

Jim
    I'd say run it. If your going to be on a trailer anyway, you dont have to worry about driving it home. And if you do snap the shaft, you can make it back to camp in tow or on the front axle. I wonder how the shaft got bent in the first place. Did the t-case get dropped or something?

I put a deposit on a pop-up trailer today...hoping to have my truck wired up for the brake controller so I can bring it.
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

low speed run will just kill the seals you have to take it apart again anyways!
    85 4 runner that&#39;s just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast