Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest Loser 2011

Re: Biggest Loser Winter 2010/2011

I propose a change in the goals. It shouldn't be to reach a certain weight, but rather to keep it off once that weight is attained.

So the goal is to reach the target weight and check in at least once per month for 1 year afterwords.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    I propose a change in the goals. It shouldn't be to reach a certain weight, but rather to keep it off once that weight is attained.

So the goal is to reach the target weight and check in at least once per month for 1 year afterwords.
    Sounds good and so true!
    My signature

I have to give my wife some props... She started WeightWatchers 14 weeks ago and has lost almost 20 lbs.!!!
    My signature

So, I think I've decided to cut out as much sugars and carbs as possible for the time being, which is basically the south beach diet. I lost 25 pounds using this diet last year, but I've since gained back about 15. This time around though, I want to add exercise too. I've been wanting to build up my stamina anyways. I want to be able to hike without being pooped every 5 minutes.

I think lunches MWF would be a salad from Subway (only eat place close to work other than Taco Bell and KFC). Tuesdays and Thursdays my lunch is earlier, so I can grab lunch at the chow hall in the building I work. This is even better than Subway since it is cheaper and I can usually get some grilled chicken or pork chops.

If I eat dinner, I'll probably just whip up something here at home. A lot of times, I'm not even hungry at dinner time, so I'll just snack on nuts or something.

Breakfast is the hardest for me, and I could use some ideas. I get tired of eggs fast, so I can't do eggs every day. Any kind of bread is out since I'm trying to cut carbs (unless I do the Ezekiel bread). I'm debating about cereal. If I do eat cereal, I usually eat either Grape Nuts or Quaker Oat Squares or whatever it's called. But cereal is against my diet rules, so I dunno.

Any ideas for breakfast food?
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Chris, is April following any kind of food plan?
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    Chris, is April following any kind of food plan?
    Yeah the weightwatchers is a food plan. It's based on a points system that takes into account the fat, carbohydrates, protein, and dietery fiber in a food to come up with a certain amount of points that a serving of that food is. They come up with an allotment of daily points that you are allowed and then you also get 49 bonus points per week to use whenever. They also have where you can add to your weekly bonus points by working out, walking, running, etc... Basically you can eat whatever you want but try to stay under or at your daily allotment of points. You find out quickly though that you have to eat smart and healthy to not go over on your daily points. There's also an emphasis on eating a well rounded healthy diet. Most raw fruits and vegetables are 0 points.

She goes to a weekly meeting where she weighs in and they have a short meeting. She also hasn't started any exercise program or anything, this has all been just on the diet.

I'm just using their online program since the meeting times don't work well for my schedule. I track everything online (she also does this), but I'm adding the weight in myself.

you can read more here http://weightwatchers.com I'm doing the "online for Men" program
    My signature

Username: gilby4runner
    Starting Date: 12/23/2010
    Starting Weight: 236
    Goal Weight: 190
    Current Weight: 236

02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Yeah the weightwatchers is a food plan. It's based on a points system..... She also hasn't started any exercise program or anything, this has all been just on the diet.
    It works wonders. My sister is on it, and lost like 50 lbs i think, and as been at the "keeping it off" stage for about 3 months.. she started it in (I think) March-ish. Looks really good too, better than she has looked since she had my neice. (16 years ago)
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

gilby, I got you added too!

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    It works wonders. My sister is on it, and lost like 50 lbs i think, and as been at the "keeping it off" stage for about 3 months.. she started it in (I think) March-ish. Looks really good too, better than she has looked since she had my neice. (16 years ago)
    wow, props to your sister My mom lost probably 50+ lbs and was still losing more when she got diagnosed with breast cancer a year ago. She was probably in the best shape she has been in in 20 years. I think that, along with the discipline and everything she gained from sticking with the program, has helped her so much in her fight this year. She's kind of turned into an inspiration for the whole family to get healtier
    My signature

I hope you guys all had some awesome holiday dinners. I made it through the first round of holiday stuff without doing too bad. Had a house party on Thursday where I drank a ton but did pretty good about not hitting the appetizer table too much and got through 2 holiday dinners without pigging out too much. Stuck to the diet pretty good all the rest of the time though, which I think helped.

Hopped on the scale this morning after breakfast..... 201 lbs now!
    My signature

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast