Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest Loser 2011

Re: Biggest Loser Winter 2010/2011

Chris is your hair cut yet? i cant remeber from pismo, but thats like 8 pounds you could lose :P

Quote Originally Posted by some_odd_girl
    part of it is not spending the money to eat healthy.
    Healthy food doesn't equal expensive food.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    Quote Originally Posted by some_odd_girl
    part of it is not spending the money to eat healthy.
    Healthy food doesn't equal expensive food.
    I wish, but in general, you are going to pay much more to eat healthy food. Whole grain foods and non processed foods are generally more expensive. Fresh fruits and veggies are expensive (even more if you try to eat organic). Same with organic milk and eggs that come from free range, no hormones/antibiotic chickens.... The list goes on and on... It's not too bad if it's just for one or two people, but when you add two more little eating/growing machines, it gets expensive quick!

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    Chris is your hair cut yet? i cant remeber from pismo, but thats like 8 pounds you could lose :P
    Not yet, but I do get it cut on Thursday Just getting it trimmed though since I haven't had it cut in about a year
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    I going to jump in on this as well.
    The only cloths I fit into now are my work cloths....
    I added you up top too! Part of my motivation is the fact that I have a bunch of good clothes that will fit me again once I get close to my goal weight.
    My signature

ill play i suppose. ive been on the "eat less/better" diet. and taking some supplements that are suppose to help with energy and motivation, as well as shedding some pounds as well.

Username: Seanz0rz
    Starting Date: 12/01/2010
    Starting Weight: 200
    Goal Weight: 160
    Current Weight: 195

today i had a turkey sandwich, and plan to eat a homemade taco salad for dinner.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

got you added Sean
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    I wish, but in general, you are going to pay much more to eat healthy food. Whole grain foods and non processed foods are generally more expensive. Fresh fruits and veggies are expensive (even more if you try to eat organic). Same with organic milk and eggs that come from free range, no hormones/antibiotic chickens.... The list goes on and on... It's not too bad if it's just for one or two people, but when you add two more little eating/growing machines, it gets expensive quick!
    For anyone reading this, you have the understand that the first rule of losing weight is "NO MORE EXCUSES".
    You don't have to shop at Whole Foods to eat healthy. Growing up, we didn't eat free range chickens and organic this and whole grain that, and we were never overweight. We didn't eat Captain Crunch and NEVER had soda in the house, however, and were always active.
    What you listed would be appropriate for a bodybuilders lifestyle, but saying you can't walk into a grocery store and come out with food that isn't loaded with sugars and fats is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    For anyone reading this, you have the understand that the first rule of losing weight is "NO MORE EXCUSES".
    You don't have to shop at Whole Foods to eat healthy. Growing up, we didn't eat free range chickens and organic this and whole grain that, and we were never overweight. We didn't eat Captain Crunch and NEVER had soda in the house, however, and were always active.
    What you listed would be appropriate for a bodybuilders lifestyle, but saying you can't walk into a grocery store and come out with food that isn't loaded with sugars and fats is silly.
    I didn't mean that as an excuse for losing weight. I agree with you on that. Growing up, I wasn't overweight either, in fact I was always super uber skinny. That came with a change of lifestyle, getting older, and not adjusting my food accordingly. Before having kids and being able to surf almost everyday, I could eat/drink whatever I wanted and be totally fit and trim. With 2 little kids at the house and owning/running/operating my own business, I am no longer able to do that and need to adjust my food intake accordingly

The foods I listed were ones I listed to be healthier, not necessarily losing weight. There is a lot of stuff that is sprayed on/added to foods now that weren't when we were younger too, and lots of that stuff I listed is for the health of my growing/developing kids. I have a little daughter and some of the correlations with the hormones in milk and growing little girls is kind of scary(and believe me, I don't believe half the crap that is put out on the tv). My mom also just got breast cancer this last year and has opened our eyes to a lot of things through her research. Anyways, that is what I meant about it being expensive to eat healthy. Yes, I know that I can still lose weight while eating white bread, but you can't tell me that it is healthier than eating 100% whole wheat bread
    My signature

I hear you.

You alluded to a good point about age as well. You guys/girls should throw your ages up there.
    The bread exaple isn't really a good one because even wheat bread is inexpensive relative to white bread. What most people don't realize is how much sugar is in many wheat breads on the shelf so they thing they are being healthy but are taking in a lot of unneccesary calories.

I like the nutty bread.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast