Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest Loser 2011

Re: Biggest Loser Winter 2010/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    I hear you.

You alluded to a good point about age as well. You guys/girls should throw your ages up there.
    The bread exaple isn't really a good one because even wheat bread is inexpensive relative to white bread. What most people don't realize is how much sugar is in many wheat breads on the shelf so they thing they are being healthy but are taking in a lot of unneccesary calories.
    I'm 33

Yeah, I meant 100% whole wheat, not just regular wheat bread with refined wheat (that and white are pretty much the same price). Sometimes whole wheat isn't on sale and is just too expensive, so we get the regular wheat bread, but I do get the stinkeye from my wife when I do.

Speaking of bread, here's a tip for you guys/gals. April and I now use sandwich thins for our sandwiches. Basically they are thinly sliced bread pieces and most are 100% whole grains. Not only is it pretty much like only having one slice of bread instead of two, they are also slightly smaller in diameter, so you might make a smaller sandwich (or sometimes you gjust end up making a taller sandwich haha). They also have bagel thins which are really good too. Our kids don't have a weight problem, so we buy bulk loaves of 100% wheat bread for them and they go through it like crazy. We keep the unopened ones in the freezer so that they won't go bad.

Dan, they have sandwich thins that are nutty too. I like nutty bread too
    My signature

Ok, I didn't mean crazy healthy, I just meant I suck at feeding myself. I eat way too many hot pockets and too much mac and cheese, stuff like that... Part of it is I don't feel like making legit meals for JUST me. And I don't eat enough fruits or veggies.

Oh and I'm 24.
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

I'm 28.

Have you all heard of Ezekiel bread? From what I understand, it isn't made from flower at all, but uses grain sprouts or something instead. I ate it last year while I was on the South Beach diet. Used it for french toast and all kind of stuff. It's doesn't taste as good as regular, nutty whole wheat bread, but it's not a bad alternative. Coos-coos is a good alternative to rice and other grains, especially when cooked right.

Anyways, I think I'm going to try the south beach diet again, although not quite as stringent as I did last year. I'll probably throw in some fruit too (which is a no-no on the diet). Probably do some whole grain pasta once a week or so. I'd like to also start jogging/walking/running/falling in a few days. They've got a few nice tracks on base near my work. And if I wait till it's dark, nobody can see my fat jiggle.

Anyways, just my $.02.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Good luck all.

If I lost any weight I could hide behind a light pole (123 lbs, age 29)
    2000 Toyota 4runner with some goodies.

I'm with ttora4runner, I don't have much to shed. I'm working on dropping my running times...

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    I'm 28.

Have you all heard of Ezekiel bread? From what I understand, it isn't made from flower at all, but uses grain sprouts or something instead. I ate it last year while I was on the South Beach diet. Used it for french toast and all kind of stuff. It's doesn't taste as good as regular, nutty whole wheat bread, but it's not a bad alternative. Coos-coos is a good alternative to rice and other grains, especially when cooked right.

Anyways, I think I'm going to try the south beach diet again, although not quite as stringent as I did last year. I'll probably throw in some fruit too (which is a no-no on the diet). Probably do some whole grain pasta once a week or so. I'd like to also start jogging/walking/running/falling in a few days. They've got a few nice tracks on base near my work. And if I wait till it's dark, nobody can see my fat jiggle.

Anyways, just my $.02.
    nightvision is a wonderful/terrible thing!

i am trying hard to just eat less, and eat more veggies. what i normally eat isnt terrible, i just end up eating twice what i should. our neighbor brought over some cookies yesterday. luckily they are horrible!

im getting married in 3 months, so i would like to be in better shape by then. if there wasnt 3 inches of standing water in the back yard, i would be landscaping and burning alot of calories.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by ttora4runner
    Good luck all.

If I lost any weight I could hide behind a light pole (123 lbs, age 29)
    Quote Originally Posted by strykersd
    I'm with ttora4runner, I don't have much to shed. I'm working on dropping my running times...
    Thanks guys! I remember when I used to be like that too. My Dad used to call me "bones" all the time
    My signature

Good luck with this. Like slo mentioned, a group of people moving towards a common goal can be very motivating.
    I look foward to watching everyones progress
    2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs

Okay Chris, go ahead and add me up top. I won't be starting until the new year probably, but this will be great motivation to keep me from going overboard during christmas.
    I lost quite a bit of wieght this past year, I went from being unemployed to FINALLY working again, and it was HARD work pretty much jogging and picking up 40 pounds over and over and over and over and OVER for 10 hours in a 90-100 degree warehouse every day. I dropped from aroun 280 to about 240 in about 3 months. I felt great, except for the whole feeling like I just got my @$$ whipped all the time, but the weight felt good, I had good energy, etc. Since then I have moved within the company and now have a VERY physically reduced job. I have put back on about 15 or 20 pounds. I'm relatively static where I am now, so I would like to just drop the weight and adjust my eating/lifestyle to keep it down around my goal.

Username: 04 Rocko Taco
    Starting Date: 1/1/11
    Starting Weight: TBA (260 ish)
    Goal Weight: TBA (probably around 220)
    Current Weight: TBA

-Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Added you Chris
    My signature

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast