We have some exciting news to share with everybody! We are changing our name to Living Overland. We will be transitioning to our new web address, www.livingoverland.com, over the weekend. Thanks to everybody's support over the last 18 months! As always, if you have ideas and topics you would like us to cover, be sure to let us know.

Also, be sure to follow us on facebook, Living Overland, and on twitter!

---------- Original Post ----------

I just wanted to quickly let everybody know about a new blog I created to act as a resource for individuals interested in creating simple gourmet meals when out on the trail.

www.livingoverland.com

I am an avid outdoorsman who enjoys hunting, fly fishing, camping, rockhounding, and just relaxing in wild places. I am also a self-proclaimed 'Foodie Camper', and love to cook and eat well when camping. In preparing for trips I began noticing a general lack of information regarding the topic and decided to take the plunge into the Blogosphere. I plan to use this blog to explore the idea of gourmet cooking in the outdoors and collaborate with others to further develop recipes, discuss equipment, techniques, and pre-trip preparation.

I want to make sure the average camper can prepare the recipes I discuss, so I won't be using elaborate equipment or gear. I am currently camping with a 1960's Coleman 2-burner liquid fuel stove, a small 10" non-stick skillet, a medium sized GSI Glacier Stainless Cookset, a stainless percolating coffee pot, and a Rubbermaid cooler.

I hope you enjoy!

You can also find our feeds updated on facebook, Living Overland