Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 3rd gen tailgate woes

Re: 3rd gen tailgate woes

You might be able to ground the switch but I'm not for certain that would be what you want. I would just check the switch and see if it's good, unplugged ,etc. Shouldn't be an expensive fix.

After replacing everything back there I finally figured it out. Where the wiring loom goes to the tailgate (top of hatch opening) I found two broken wires. Fixed those and everything came back on line (window, wiper, defrost, plate lights and rear dome light).

If anyone needs any parts for their rear window let me know, I've acquired extra.
    God speed,<br />Steve Hanson<br />Racers For Christ<br />Rockcrawlers For Christ<br />www.teamrfc.org<br />--------------------<br />special thanks: bfgoodrich|trail gear|cbi fabrication|total chaos|arb|sway-a-way|aem electronics|lucas oil|trd|baja racks|bassani exhaust|spidertrax

Glad to hear you figured it out and got it fixed. What was the cause for the broken wires? It appears as that loom is pretty stout and has some flexibility in it.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    Glad to hear you figured it out and got it fixed. What was the cause for the broken wires? It appears as that loom is pretty stout and has some flexibility in it.
    I believe it was from to much of this:

The wires under the loom are bare without any protection and the constant movement/flex wore them against that plastic. Either way one less thing on the list to fix!
    God speed,<br />Steve Hanson<br />Racers For Christ<br />Rockcrawlers For Christ<br />www.teamrfc.org<br />--------------------<br />special thanks: bfgoodrich|trail gear|cbi fabrication|total chaos|arb|sway-a-way|aem electronics|lucas oil|trd|baja racks|bassani exhaust|spidertrax

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain
    After replacing everything back there I finally figured it out. Where the wiring loom goes to the tailgate (top of hatch opening) I found two broken wires. Fixed those and everything came back on line (window, wiper, defrost, plate lights and rear dome light).

If anyone needs any parts for their rear window let me know, I've acquired extra.
    I just did find the issue with my hatch. I used the key to open the window a week ago and the senor kept thinking the window was in the down position. It drained my battery and kept the wiper and window from working. I have temporarily disconnected the key sensor and everything is normal, but I can't use my key to open the window. Do you have that sensor by chance??
    Thanks
    Lance
    Thanks <br />Lance

Quote Originally Posted by 98Roamer
    Do you have that sensor by chance??
    Thanks
    Lance
    Send me a pic of the part you need and I'll check.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234