Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to UY from Western WA

New to UY from Western WA

Hey guys, Matt here... Usually frequent Yotatech but a new crowd is always welcomed!

Heres my rig... 94 Runner. 5speed swap, 3.0 with badlands front, TG rear with custom swingout. Dints and dings. Involved in 2 accidents (neither my fault). Been to Reiter pit, evans creek and a few back county roads..

Since the 5speed swap Im running 31s with the stock 4.88s... overgeared ftmfw!
    Lookn to throw some 33's on her or at least 32s... not quite sure yet... might run 16" rims... not quite sure yet...

Ta pics...

Checking stock suspension stuff for 33's... I think im gonna do some chopping...

Front

Side/rear

homebrew

Probably ditching the rear bumper for a Perkins Performance rear with swingout within the month maybe...

Some randoms:
    saving retards stuck in the sand..

Stock!

the ONLY picture of the 5speed swap

Cheers!

-Matt
    94 4Runner

Navigator

Re: New to UY from Western WA

welcome to UY Matt! I think you'll find that people here are a lot better company than those on YT (i occasionally visit YT, and they usually remind me why i dont like that forum :-P). Nice lookin truck.

Oh, and i can tell you, 33x12.5 stuff just fine in the rear on 15x8 0 offset rims without cutting anything. In the front you just have to bash the firewall a bit. So I say go for it! if you do any wheeling really, you will probably regret going 32's instead of 33's. If it is your daily driver that sees little off-roading, 32's will probably be better in that they are lighter, and will get slightly better gas mileage.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Hey man, For the most part i frequent only one thread on YT... And I only use it to stay in with close friends i wheel with.

As for the 33x12.5, Really? it seemed like I would rub and eat my fenders with them? Then again, my stock rims are 15x8...

33's are what im looking at. But might do the 265x75x16 duratrac's since they are basically a 32x11.5 if i remember correctly. Currently im getting about 16MPG freeway being overgeared... I'm hoping 32-33's will solve that and help with mileage, I dont do much wheeling during the hunting season.

-Matt
    94 4Runner

welcome aboard matt!

Navigator

i think you mean ur stock rims are not 15x8.. the 33x12.5's are really close, but they did not rub when i had stock arms. I have extended arms now though, and my 33's rub on the very rear of the wheel well on full stuff, but my arms are 1" longer than stock. Im looking for a pic i had of full stuff when i first got my 33s, if i find it ill post it here.

Duratrac's are good tires check my avatar, thats what my 33s are
    - Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    i think you mean ur stock rims are not 15x8.. the 33x12.5's are really close, but they did not rub when i had stock arms. I have extended arms now though, and my 33's rub on the very rear of the wheel well on full stuff, but my arms are 1" longer than stock. Im looking for a pic i had of full stuff when i first got my 33s, if i find it ill post it here.

Duratrac's are good tires check my avatar, thats what my 33s are
    yeah, my bad, its been a long day haha. Meant NOT 15x8. they are 15x7's... Id love to see some pics man, thanks!

Hopefully I'll make up my mind and get them by the end of the week... I could get a set of 16x7(?) tundra wheels for pretty cheap though... hmmm
    94 4Runner

Hey welcome to UY! I mostly hang around to try and learn all the truck talk... I'm gettin' better at it!
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Quote Originally Posted by some_odd_girl
    Hey welcome to UY! I mostly hang around to try and learn all the truck talk... I'm gettin' better at it!
    Haha dont we all... life is about learning... be a sponge and absorb it all!
    94 4Runner

Navigator

hmm, looks like the full stuff pic i have is pre 33s, when i just had 31's. I don't have a pic of full stuff with 33s and the stock arms.. and the only stuff pics i have with my new arms are bad pics..
    - Kevin

Welcome! Nice looking 2nd gen you have there.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast