Hahahahahaha thanks Scuub!!!
    94 4Runner

Re: New to UY from Western WA

94 4Runner

Navigator

nice, i've got one of those in the rear diff of my 4runner :-D
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

YAY! I helped put one of those together. Make sure you remember all the parts, it's a pain to have to take it back out and do it again. :P
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Yup, i'd assume so! LOL

Gonna order a new spring and pin set ASAP when i get home from school today... speaking of which, computer lab ftw...
    94 4Runner

Welcome aboard!!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Got some stuff done...
    Had some free time at work today for the first time in a long time... Decided to replace my beat to shizzle skid plate with a newer one out of some 3/16" plate we had lying around.

so after measuring the stock skid plate and transferring that information to the plate, busted out the plasma cutter and heres the result

I took the digital and measured the angles on the stock skid plate (which was so messed, it was bent in different directions) then, instead of putting it into the ironworker to bent it, threw some ear plugs in, clamped it to the table, and beat the piss out of it with a BFH. Got a perfect angle though and it fit great!

Gonna make it tie into the front of my crossmember where my bumper also bolts in, so I first off, found longer bolts to use and then made some 3x3 squares, punched a 3/4" hole in there for a bit of play if i want it, bent it to the radius of crossmember so it would lay nicely on the skid plate. Tacked that sucker up.

Took it off and welded it.

How it stood.

and the finish product painted road marker yellow...

Sorry they are all cell phone pictures... :redneck:
    94 4Runner

Decided to go with a 1" body lift so I can raise my drive train an inch. Figured this way, when I go and make my new crossmember/skid plate that holds my tranny up, I won't get high centered nearly as often!

I didn't feel like paying the price for a body lift from somewhere, so I made my own. Few phone calls around, I got my hands on some 2" Diameter http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra-high-molecular-weight_polyethylene"]UHMW Polyurethane [/URL]. 2 feet of it for around 17 bucks after tax. The company is Laird Plastic in Seattle if any of you want to know.

Stuff cuts and drills easily!

All I have to do now is get longer bolts and such and I'll be good to go!

94 4Runner

Got the hardware today and installed it.

No official before/after picture, so heres the before:

Heres the after:
    *you close your eyes.. and start to think upon the image of the 4runner... you slowly (dont hurt yourself there) imagine the body now one inch higher than anything else*

Even though i had access to all the tools at work... i decided to be lazy and not pull my front bumper and extend the bracket so it would not have an 1.5" gap.

Everything went smoothly, i couldnt be happier!

Total cost:
    $17 for 2' of 2" diameter (i had about 11 inches extra that I sold to someone for $5)
    $20 for hardware (grade 5 bolts n such)
    -$5 for the 11 inches I sold

When i get free time... then comes the drive train lift and new mount/skid...

If theres a build up area... can a mod move this thread there?
    94 4Runner

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123