Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sloppy Joes

Sloppy Joes

I use this recipe:
    http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/sloppy...ii/Detail.aspx

Except, I leave out the brown sugar (not a fan of the sweet sloppy joes), as well as I leave out the green peppers. Not a big fan of those either. So normally I'll prepare the 1/4 cup of onions (or probably more cause onions are BOMB) and put those in a small tupperware container. Then put the ketchup, mustard, garlic powder, and add some fresh minced garlic and pepper in another small container. Place the above ingredients in your cooler and prepare when your stomach is growling. You'll be satisfied for sure.
    A good side dish with the joes is a nice baked potato.

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Re: Sloppy Joes

these are no joke tasty! ive had them twice on the trail with steve and they are really great.

and yes steve i read that blog and think about all the good food you will be making. i will continue to park my truck as close to yours as possible when we camp hahah. who knows though...i watch what you pack and some damn fine food has come out of that plastic bin and cooler of yours

Stephen, these are pretty bomb. You really impressed me at pismo with these. How do you think they'd be with ground turkey? My parents don't eat beef but I'd love to make these.
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

Quote Originally Posted by L33T35T Tacoma
    Stephen, these are pretty bomb. You really impressed me at pismo with these. How do you think they'd be with ground turkey? My parents don't eat beef but I'd love to make these.
    Thats a good question. I think it'd actually be a pretty good substitute. Maybe I'll try it soon. If you try it before I do LMK how it is
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

I've never thought of making homemade sloppy joes before. We always just grab a # of ground beef, and a can of Mannwich. I think I'll try this recipe out tomorrow if it doesn't sound gross to my Wife, who is pregnant.

(Side note: I've never heard the term 'bomb' used to describe how good something is until I moved to Minneapolis, that was about 2 years ago. Now I've heard it used by a UY member!)

My mom makes awesome sloppy joes, and the recipe looks almost identical to this one. She doesn't use brown sugar either, but she does mince up some peppers. Good stuff for sure! She uses ground turkey too, and if you brown it with a bit of oil, it doesn't taste too bad.

Thanks for posting this scuba!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    (Side note: I've never heard the term 'bomb' used to describe how good something is until I moved to Minneapolis, that was about 2 years ago. Now I've heard it used by a UY member!)
    As far as i know it started as a socal thing..

and yes, Scuba's sloppy joes are awesome
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

FWIW we sub in chile-verde instead of green peppers and we also use shredded sharp cheddar or monterey jack cheese, no brown sugar. *Throw the cheese on last so it only melts a little bit.

You can also use a couple of greek peppers as a topper (those tart yellow sliced deals).

Now, more importantly, you're all forgetting the most important part of this recipe..

Which goes best with them.
    For our it's usually Guinness if there's enough $ left after buying supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    I've never heard the term 'bomb' used to describe how good something is until I moved to Minneapolis, that was about 2 years ago. Now I've heard it used by a UY member!
    Come to California and you'll learn all the dope ass lingo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    When's it comz to deh cookin we's so hyphy you don even know bro.
    Fixed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast