Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sloppy Joes

Re: Sloppy Joes

Interesting Fenrisx..

I made the turkey joes tonight. They were pretty good. Its weird though. You can't get the turkey to be the same texture as the ground beef. Make sure to use some olive oil when you brown the turkey to keep it moist. Other then that, it tasted exactly like beef. My dad saved himself a portion of it and I'm going to see if he notices any difference.

[img width=600 height=800]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Sycosurfer150/ui2ikfac2996e2fviewattth12d5a52a1bb.jpg[/img]
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

I've never used ketchup for sloppy joes, I always use tomato soup, some worcestershire sauce, itaian seasoning, and some pepper. However, that is neither here nor there. Allow me to enlighten you as I have been enlightened:

Hamburger rolls, butter the faces of each side, put on the frying pan until the bottom is browned and crispy. This takes sloppy joes to a whole new level.
    [quote author=fustercluck link=topic=2107.msg22283#msg22283 date=1188483178]<br />I&#39;m with Intrepid, there&#39;s no use making a project out of it.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Mistakes: Perhaps it is the purpose of your life to serve as an example to others.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    My wife said it was bomb actually (she uses that phrase).
    She sounds like a keeper.

I may have to try this tonight Stephen
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepidyota
    I've never used ketchup for sloppy joes, I always use tomato soup, some worcestershire sauce, itaian seasoning, and some pepper. However, that is neither here nor there. Allow me to enlighten you as I have been enlightened:

Hamburger rolls, butter the faces of each side, put on the frying pan until the bottom is browned and crispy. This takes sloppy joes to a whole new level.
    Tomato soup sounds really watery. Maybe tomato paste would be thicker.

EDIT: My dad said he noticed no difference in the sloppy joes. And he's been my guinea pig for all of the other tries at it. He said "once you flavor it, its all the same."

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

I think I'm gonna try Scuba's recipe on the next camping trip

Quote Originally Posted by corax

Damn thread, got me jonesin' for some sloppy joe now
    . . . except with veggie crumbles instead of cow [/size]
    While we're throwing out sloppy joe recipes, here's what I usually do:
    8 oz button 'shrooms diced & cooked in a saute pan for 5 min or until soft
    16 oz veggie crumbles (if using cow, cook this first)
    1 tsp Fennel
    1/2 tsp Cayenne
    1/4 tsp Red Pepper flakes
    Dash of Chilli Powder
    Salt, Garlic Salt (or powder) and Pepper to taste
    24 oz / 3 cups marinara and simmer for 10 minutes

If I were taking this camping, I'd probably premix the 'shrooms and spices so all I had to do was add the crumbles and marinara . . . or make the whole thing at home and just tupperware it in the cooler.
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

I just do ground cow, with a can of manwich. Haha, then spicy brown mustard on the bun is a must! Some of these recipes sound great, I'm just not sure they are worth doing away the ease of opening manwich and voila. lol.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    I just do ground cow, with a can of manwich. Haha, then spicy brown mustard on the bun is a must! Some of these recipes sound great, I'm just not sure they are worth doing away the ease of opening manwich and voila. lol.
    That's usually the route I take(Mannwich).

I made the first recipe, and other than dicing onions, it's hardly anymore work than Mannwich.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123