Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sloppy Joes

Re: Sloppy Joes

I picked up 1# of ground turkey when I was at wally world getting some brats.
    Think I'll whip up some turkey joes tomorrow night and let you guys know how it goes.

And Shane, I stick to Newcastle. So IMO thats the best brew to go with the sloppy joes.
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba
    I picked up 1# of ground turkey when I was at wally world getting some brats.
    Think I'll whip up some turkey joes tomorrow night and let you guys know how it goes.

And Shane, I stick to Newcastle. So IMO thats the best brew to go with the sloppy joes.
    *NewCastle was our alternate and I still have 8 left of the case and am making SJ's tomorrow too after reading this thread.

Looks like it's Sloppy Joe Wednesday's on ol' UY.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    Looks like it's Sloppy Joe Wednesday's on ol' UY.
    Almost as good as Cheese-Steak Fridays and Midnight BBQ's!

I'll be cookin' up some sloppy joes in about an hour and a half! Except we thought we had an onion at the house & we don't... and I wasn't going to use a pepper to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    Which goes best with them.
    For our it's usually Guinness if there's enough $ left after buying supplies.
    Has to be something dark. If it's Guinness, it gotta be Extra Stout. Otherwise a strong porter or IPA for us, thank you.

Damn thread, got me jonesin' for some sloppy joe now
    . . . except with veggie crumbles instead of cow
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Quote Originally Posted by corax

Damn thread, got me jonesin' for some sloppy joe now
    . . . except with veggie crumbles instead of cow [/size]
    Tofu Joes? Jonesin' for Joes?

^^Looks way watery and nothing like what I've made in the past

What recipe did you use?

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

It was the recipe posted above, doubled, minus the pepper, half the amount of chopped onions, and added 1 tablespoon of mustard over what it called for. In that picture it had been simmering for a bit, and hadn't been stirred.

It was extremely tasty.. or 'bomb' should I say. My wife said it was bomb actually (she uses that phrase).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast