Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *feeler* Mojave Road this spring?

*feeler* Mojave Road this spring?

Is anyone interested or already planning? Depending where I end up in the next month or two I was thinking this would make a good 2-3 day weekend trip. The earliest I would want to go is late February, but probably thinking March or April might work a bit better. I'm not really sure when the best time of spring would be, but I would like to travel through around the time things are still green and blooming. Again, this is kinda dependent on where we actually find ourselves living at the time . . . right now that's up in the air, but I have a feeling I'll be in SoCal pretty soon (just not sure how long).

National Park Service link
    Desert USA link

Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Re: *feeler* Mojave Road this spring?

i am in 75% right now. it really depends on the date.

im gettin' hitched on the weekend of april 1. im off from march 18 to 27. that would be a perfect time to go for me.

alexus will not be attending, still far too shy to take care of business in the wild, and i dont really blame her (i hate it just as much, but recognize it as necessary for my hobby)
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

YES!!! haha ive been wanting to do this for awhile now. ive collected some info that i can give you when im back to it in a few weeks. mainly just gps of attrations along the route.

Feb-March is best for me since i plan on doing a run mid april already

...now I'm really hoping Kev's truck is fixed by then :P
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

heres alot of good info that you may have already seen.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...eferrerid=4105

Quote Originally Posted by some_odd_girl
    ...now I'm really hoping Kev's truck is fixed by then :P
    get him on it! gotta fix it and daily drive it a few weeks before taking it 138 miles into the boonies

Ya but idk if it'd work anyways. Between school and work, there's not much free time...
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

So far it looks like mid - late March, which suits me fine as it'll be deeper into spring and better temps (hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    alexus will not be attending, still far too shy to take care of business in the wild, and i dont really blame her (i hate it just as much, but recognize it as necessary for my hobby)
    no prob, when necessary, just hang back a 1/2 mile from the rest of the group
    http://www.bumperdumper.com/

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    heres alot of good info that you may have already seen.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...eferrerid=4105
    Sweet pics, this is what I'm gonna use to convince my wife it's not just dirt and rocks for 3 days
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

I just looked at the pics - it looks like there is some AMAZING geology! As well as wildlife and plant life...

haha, still no bueno. i have a seat and a shelter and other necessary accessories, but she still doesnt like the idea of it.

i will ask anyway!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast