Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *feeler* Mojave Road this spring?

Re: *feeler* Mojave Road this spring?

Oh yeah, here's another trip report for anyone interested in reading a bit.

From what I gather, if there's any rain for a week or two prior to the trip, we'll probably want to bypass Soda Dry Lake to avoid getting ridiculously mired in the muck . . . besides, I'm already locked in a fierce battle against rear wheel well rot and don't need to invite frame rust to the party as well
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Those dates are the absolute best for me!

Talked to Alexus about going. Either she goes or I get a delorme and a spot so she doesn't worry constantly. Either way, I win!!!

Can't wait for this trip! It will be a nice end to this quarter from hell and an end to single life! Well just call it my bachelor party (but please, no stripping Keith)
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Those dates suck for me...work. The weekend before is much better
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Sorry guys, looks like I won't be able to stick around long enough for this trip. Hopefully there's some interest in making it happen anyway and I can live vicariously through some good pictures

just means we have to have another run earlier...

if this is full size diesel friendly im interested my rigs gonna be broke till summer
    85 4 runner that's just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

yeah i think you could make it in a full size truck. IIRC the only tight spot of the road is the very beginning, but nothing like the narrow brush trails we are used to.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by wifesaysimadumbass
    if this is full size diesel friendly im interested my rigs gonna be broke till summer
    From everything I read it shouls be a nice wide open trail, just might want to avoid Soda Lake as I've heard some great "stucks" happen out there (plus all the corrosive salt)

problem with bypassing soda lake is you get to miss the river bed after it, going into afton canyon, which is my favorite part of the trail.

YOur fullsize should do fine there. There are a couple places that are a little tight but totally doable. We had a H1 with us on my first run, and he's wider than your dodge.

The lake all depends on the recent weather.

Sean, you can bypass the lake and pick right back up on the other side of the lake. No need to skip the river bed.
    My signature

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast