Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: California Emissions for 90 4runner from Texas

Re: California Emissions for 90 4runner from Texas

Yep, I pay for the pretests on my van and my 89 f250. Glad I did last year on the Ford because the gas cap ended up failing, so I would have been out much more $$ had it failed on the actual test.
    My signature

Wish California would make their own cash for clunker program. I wouldn't mind owning a new Tacoma but surely wouldn't enjoy the payment.

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    I don't remember the name of the place I originally took the van to, but I highly recommend Todd's Garagein Morro Bay. I've been taking my vehicles (4 of them) there for years now. One of their employees has been coming to the Pismo Jamboree the past couple years too. Tell them Chris with the 4runner, 4wd van, and runs the carwash up the street sent you.

Are you missing intake parts because you have an aftermarket intake, or because you have a non Cali emissions model? I don't think they can make you add parts if it wasn't oem to your vehicle, but I could be wrong.

Welcome back to the Central Coast! Once you get that head gasket fixed, we'll have to hit up Pozo.
    My truck has a 95 engine in it I think. I'm not sure if the air intake parts were present on that year. And I'm pretty sure that my truck isn't a california emissions vehicle. I think it was originally a Colorado truck. I'm not sure though.

My plan was to talk with the referee and see if I could get an exemption. But since the head gasket blew, I can't really go and show them the vehicle. So, I'm just going to get it running again and then take it somewhere else to get pretested.

1990 v6 4runner
    Engine: Chevy 4.3 Vortec/Edelbrock Performer Intake & Carburetor
    Front: Trail Gear 3in. Lift Leafs / Bilstein Shocks / ARB Air Locker
    Rear: Chevy 63in. Leafs / 3in. blocks / OME Shocks / ARB Air Locker
    Tires: 35 x 12.50 x 15

Navigator

Check if your truck was originally sold in the Denver area.. the "high-altitude" package they installed on some vehicles there was just the CA emissions package
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

You should be able to find out a bunch of that info just by researching your VIN#
    My signature

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123