Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UltimatYota and its Members

Re: UltimatYota and its Members

side track but yeah the site has bad searching but V bullitin costs money and this ones probably free. PHPBB is what i ended up with for my forum and it didn't look as nice as this one.

still side track. how much does Vbullitin cost these days? i just looked and you can convert SMF to vbullitin.

edit just looked it up... its $195 to buy. apparently cheaper to lease but that wouldn't make good sense. fund raiser?

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba
    I still think a V bulletin based forum would be a lot more friendly and possibly attract more people but..
    You're not the only one and it's been discussed...
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

I still think a V bulletin based forum would be a lot more friendly and possibly attract more people but..
    You took the words out of my mouth. The only reason I rarely visit this forum.
    Other than that, I agree with Ric.

Somebody tell me the difference?

I like that this forum doesnt mark everything as "read" every time I visit the forum, it only marks what I read as read. So if I see a posting that I want to read and want to go back to it later, it's still marked as "new" next time around.

edit: now that I think about it, I never actually browse the forums using the forum structure, I just look at what's new on the left side of the front page.
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    You're not the only one and it's been discussed...
    i figured it had at some point. what was the outcome? maybe there is a even better forum software out there these days? im not up to date.

[O/T]Keep this format!! I like it and it makes UY unique dammit!

As for the main topic, I guess that you guys tolerate me in here so you all can't be that bad can you?

Of course I'm a loser/poser who never wheels anyhow..

Quote Originally Posted by L33T35T Tacoma
    edit: now that I think about it, I never actually browse the forums using the forum structure, I just look at what's new on the left side of the front page.
    Same here.

Also, I like that when I come to this forum I see real content right away. If I were a new guy looking for a Yota forum, and you showed me this place and YT, I'd choose UY right off.

When I go to YT I have to scroll before I see something other than adds. It's way to cluttered for me.

true, the site is UY as we know it and thats a GOOD thing.

when i think about how i view YT, pirate and ttora as "full of douche bags" its not because they are. its because they are huge and douche bags post more then average people lol

having managed a vb forum, its not the easiest to manage from the back end.

i LOVE this forum, and if i was going to start my own, i would also use SMF.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    When I go to YT I have to scroll before I see something other than adds. It's way to cluttered for me.
    ROFL.. Some of have to really SSSSSSCCCCRRRRROOOLLLLL. How many stickies does a place need anyhow.

OK, enough of that, I'm not supposed to be griping about other forums.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast