Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UltimatYota and its Members

Re: UltimatYota and its Members

I like the forum layout, but maybe that is just because I'm used to it. I have met some people who said they would visit more, but they couldn't figure the forum out. It seems pretty easy to me, so I dunno what they couldn't figure out.

It did take me a while to figure out that the "Forum Index" tab was actually clickable, and not just the items in the drop down menu being clickable. That helped a lot when I figured that out.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

That photo looks so 80's haha. Reminds me of a bunch of pics my geo teacher has from field work... he used to own a pretty sick land cruiser...
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Oh, and what's the difference in formats? I like this one, but I'm not much of a forum browser... I think I've belonged to 3 in my lifetime... a Christian one when I was like 14, NarniaWeb, and this one :P
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

haha classic UY off track post, but for me its all about the site search function. i cant find things here even when i know what im looking for. the forum format can be the same as VB but this SMF has a nice portal (front page) and we all just use that to navagate since the amount of new posts per day is never over 5-8.

i will agree the search is completely useless. ive never been able to find anything with it.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by some_odd_girl
    That photo looks so 80's haha. Reminds me of a bunch of pics my geo teacher has from field work... he used to own a pretty sick land cruiser...
    Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    haha classic UY off track post....
    O/T? Well, sort of, but in my mind here's the correlation to the topic and why I posted the pic. Aside from the drama that always happens online that picture represents a lot to me. Nine people, nine different backgrounds, yet, much like this and another forum I am a part of we gathered together to talk and wheel. Yeah, a bit sappy to some but that's one way friendships are created these days. We all found one another through Toyota, and a good majority of us spend time in them. Even more so onto topic, this forum, although not heavy in traffic, is known for being a good place to go and full of possibilities and tech.

The day will come when things work out and I can finally join n on the Jamboree and more wheeling time that is not "Work". Without this forum and dealing with certain entities and people that passion to do so wouldn't be here.

nor i cant even see your picture its a red x(hodgy internet)...i was talking about my post since ive drifted from praise of the best wheeling site to discussion of forum software

i like most of you guys. there are a few of you that piss me off frequently enough that my family only knows your name attached to a few curse words. those people are everywhere, and this place seems to have proportionally fewer. this is a wonderful place to be, and BY FAR better than any other forum i have ever been on, including several that i worked for. we never have flaming, and rarely annoying posts. people here are respectful, and for the most part dont post crap. everyone is willing to help, even when its something the person should have searched for.

i wouldnt trade this place for anything in the world. screw world peace, i like my ultimateyota friends!

to the people that piss me off: keep on keeping on... its nice i have someone to direct my anger at that has no idea im pissed off at them.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Navigator

I agree with Jason in that i love that this forum software only marks posts as read when i have actually opened them... i hate that other forums only show you whats new since the last time u visited. vbulletin and phpBB have both pissed me off for that.. with that in mind, i completely agree that the search on SMF is a complete waste of time.

otherwise, i love UY
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

This thread's now officially . We all each other...

I'm gonna go offline and see about finding out when Corax is going to try and show up so I can b.s. in person about Toyota stuff.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast