Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new 4runner :-D

Re: new 4runner :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba
    Dude. It won't be the same if you have a silver truck rather than a white one.
    Nah, but it'll still be awesome! :P

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    Dan's right, '92.
    Did you ever post pics of the frame fail?? If not do so, I'm wanting to see this.
    Ya, it's a '92. And I don't think there are pics of the frame fail, I don't recall... I have a pic from when it happened though!

[b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Navigator

Dude. It won't be the same if you have a silver truck rather than a white one.
    haha, im so sick of driving white cars... my BMW is white too.. I am debating on taking Maaco up on their $250 paint deal, not sure on color i want though.

very good eye Dan, its a 1992, with every option except Leather (im not evn sure if that WAS an option in 92). Oldest year i was looking for, as i wanted the newer front end. only things that dont work are the rear window (which i will take apart the tailgate probably next week to see whats up), and the clock. It needs a tune-up pretty bad, and that'll be taken care of first.

NorCal - you can have the side steps if u come down here for em, my mom probably wont want me to leave them around too long, as we have way to much stuff laying around already.. I am gonna keep the bumpers on for now, as I cant afford good ones yet. I'll see if i can get under it and take some pics for you.. but probably wont be able to til maybe thursday (remind me or i'll prob forget).

And no, the frame failure wouldn't really show up on pictures, i twisted the passenger side lower a-arm mount under a few inches (almost got it bend all the way back, but it was never the same), as u can see by the bend in that wheel, i hit that corner REALLY hard, and my LT a-arms were stronger than the frame :P
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Navigator

Well got the diagnosis from the shop today on the rough idle (indcator why i said it needs a tune-up bad).. apparently the EGR is completely failed, and it needs new wires/cap/rotor.

EGR's are expensive! cheapest i found around town was $256.. I'll prob just pull the one from the old 4runner for now.

Wires I am definitely gonna buy NGKs.. found em for about $35 online.

On that note, does anyone know the oem part #'s for cap and rotor? and what brand they are? i cant seem to find them online.. or should i just order them through the dealer? I dont really wanna throw on parts store crap if i can help it..
    - Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    Shane, is that your diesel 4Runner, or are you fixing that up for someone else?
    Disease. Disease.

Nice one!! FYI..it's a disease!
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    Shane, is that your diesel 4Runner, or are you fixing that up for someone else?
    Disease. Disease.

Nice one!! FYI..it's a disease!
    LOL...I knew I've been needing glasses. I thought the exclamation point was an "L".
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Dan, I didn't want to clutter up his thread..it's a family member's we're fixing up a little. It has the wing windows. The was b/c we actually have an import diesel and trans w/ a complete harness that thanks to California's new laws is just stuck in storage for sale to anyone outside the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    ..On that note, does anyone know the oem part #'s for cap and rotor? and what brand they are? i cant seem to find them online.. or should i just order them through the dealer? I dont really wanna throw on parts store crap if i can help it..
    Kevin, factory electrics often were Nippon-Denso..let me find the OE Part Info Page for you..it's a 3VZE or the rarer 22re-c?

**You all really should get the manuals in paper and digital form. I've all mine even stored on a flash card for trips. Here are the 3VZ-E #'s let me know if you want the 22re and re-c pages.

Navigator

I actually ended up ordering one from "Beck Arnley" which is made by the same factory that makes 555 which is a very popular company in the Toyota community. should be here by the end of the week. Yes it is a 3vz-e.. I hate how underpowered the 3vz is, i cant even imagine driving a 2nd gen with a 22re >.<
    - Kevin

Navigator

Shane, looks like you were right on the clogged EGR tubes under the intake manifold. I couldnt get in there very well, so i took it back to the shop, and they just told me that was the problem. Good news is the egr from the old 4runner tested good, so i dont have to buy a new one! hopefully by tomorrow ill have a working 4runner again, and i can get to work swapping chit over

I was really missing my 4runner yesterday.. wheeling a Subaru is just not the same
    - Kevin

All good Kevin, glad to help. As far as wheeling a Subbie, I gotta disagree, it's almost exactly the same, just faster..I took the one on the right out and had the sales guy smiling the whole time showing him some fun today. Too bad I'm a broke a55'd student, I'm "forced to keep the Runner".

Navigator

Its not the same when your wheeling in soupy sticky mud and snow :P open differentials and "all weather" tires just are not a good combo for that situation. And when there are rocks on the road, and large dips or rises, they are actually slower, because you have to slow down a lot/go around where with a 4runner you can just drive over whatever.
    - Kevin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast