Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: forum related question

forum related question

Is there a way to edit the amount of time you stay logged in?

I'll be on the forum, and if I decide to make a new post I can't take my time in doing so because at some point I'll no longer be logged in. So, I'll have type up a long detailed post, hit submit, and then get taken to the forum index because I was no longer logged in. It would be nice if it would prompt me to log in again, and then post the message, but it doesn't. So I basically lose everything I typed up.

Navigator

Re: forum related question

i never have to log in.. i always check the box that says "keep me logged in"
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

I'd post a reply but I just got logged out.

I've been griping about that bit since day 1. Now if I do a post longer than 5 words I'll ctrl-c it before clicking post, or if I forget, back page, copy the text, then re-login and post then.

Honestly it's really irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    Is there a way to edit the amount of time you stay logged in?

I'll be on the forum, and if I decide to make a new post I can't take my time in doing so because at some point I'll no longer be logged in. So, I'll have type up a long detailed post, hit submit, and then get taken to the forum index because I was no longer logged in. It would be nice if it would prompt me to log in again, and then post the message, but it doesn't. So I basically lose everything I typed up.

Yeah, that's been an ongoing issue for me as well. I've gotten to the point where if I'm making a long post, I just do what Shane does and make sure I right click and copy before clicking post.

I like how ih8mud has their setup. If you get timed out, you won't lose what you've typed....just log back in and post.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

i never get logged out. but often times, stuff happens where i end up losing a very long post.

i always type it out in notepad, copy paste it over, and click post. if it comes up, i can close notepad, if not, i still have it on the computer to try posting again.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Yeah... Every time I've used the back button the post is gone. Maybe CTRL+C is the way to go.

Thanks for bringing up the 'keep me logged in' button. I forgot about it because you can't choose that from logging in on the main page, and I don't know how to get to it otherwise. Where do I find it?

I've never had a problem, but I've got the 'keep me logged in' button clicked too.
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    Thanks for bringing up the 'keep me logged in' button. I forgot about it because you can't choose that from logging in on the main page, and I don't know how to get to it otherwise. Where do I find it?
    It's a small check box right below where you enter your password. It's on the homepage.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

The only time I get logged out is when I update firefox. Are you guys using the "keep me logged in" feature?
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Nope, the computer I use is accessible by others as well, so I don't keep it logged in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast