Thread: GREAT NEWS AB-962 has been struck down

GREAT NEWS AB-962 has been struck down

AB-962 is the California Ban of all mail-order and Internet sales of handgun ammunition.
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

Re: GREAT NEWS AB-962 has been struck down

wow thank goodness. it was so pointless anyhow. well it did show the world how dumb cali politics is lol

yay!

i shall celebrate by firing my handgun into the air!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

bang bang@!

*It isn't like Nevada and Oregon are too far..they partially figured it would impact those states with issues on properly checking for County/State I.D.'s and beyond that trying to fight the possibilities of fake I.D.'s. Why have to put manpower and funds into a doomed bill, right?

Trust me guys, the world already knows how dumb and off kilter California politics is.
    I am happy for you guys though that this bill was struck down. It is a slap in the face to all law abiding gun owners in Ca, and elsewhere.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Next goal is clarifying the intent of the illegally concealed weapons laws b/c I'm sorry, but my Benchmade Snody Auto-Axis is technically not a "firearm" which is the umbrella law they use to stop switchblades and butterfly knives.

Seriously, I've already used it in a rescue situation, cutting a line on a floattube in the Truckee River free from some deadfall in the middle of the river. What if I had to fiddle with some cumbersome knife? The family member's tube would've tipped over.

Think anyone who witnessed me pull that move would honestly complain to the sheriff?

California's a craphole lately with all that's going on, part of why we are actually considering some other living options in the next 5 years. After living here for all but 1 year of my life I've grown tired of its b.s. needless laws and useless placating gov't officials and do-nothing neighbors.

[/RANT]

**Neighbors house was broken into in broad daylight yesterday and we saw something..called P.D. and they never showed..WTF?? Wish I had bullets.

[/RANT] Thanks, I needed to let some steam off.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    Think anyone who witnessed me pull that move would honestly complain to the sheriff?
    Well, you must remember that some elected officials in California, and other states, or the federal government, base their politics off of emotion. A knife like that *CAN* be scary, and *CAN* be used to harm people. Because of the emotion of fear clouds any logic or rational thought, they never think of the many scenarios where it IS useful to have a knife.

The do-gooders of society need a big wake up call.

I'm glad the bill was struck down, it makes no sense and would have done nothing to prevent bad people from doing bad things.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

I think what was even more ridiculous than banning mail order ammo, was the fact that everytime you buy over the counter ammo you had to have your thumbprint taken and fill out paperwork. That's just BS right there. Actually, the fact that the bill got as far as it did, is scary.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

i know right? can you imagine people actualy thinking this will reduce crime. what world do they live in?