Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oh no i got banned

oh no i got banned

from the "Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence" on facebook
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

Re: oh no i got banned

Well, what did they object to?
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

common sense
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

Quote Originally Posted by randver
    common sense
    If there was a "Like" button, I would have clicked on it
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by L33T35T Tacoma
    If there was a "Like" button, I would have clicked on it
    thats what is for oh and i very much agree
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

common sense
    I'll add rational thought, understanding the Constitution, and not confusing facts with emotions.

Those people are off their rockers, absolutely vile and disgusting individuals who fail at placing blame of terrible events on those that caused it and rather would place blame on an piece of mechanical equipment that has no control over how it is used. If they really wanted to make a difference, they'd target the reasons people go on rampages.

The worst part is, as you saw, there's no arguing with them. Because they base their reactions to guns on emotion, you cannot counter with logic. You can lay out every gun statistic out there, and they'll still be against it. You can show them how a gun saved people, and they'll still be against it.

It's fine to not like guns, not want to handle them, etc. But to push for legislation to impact my ownership of firearms, well that's where I have an issue.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

i saved this quote since it gave me a good laugh.

XXXXX: My husband brought out a point, and we really don't know the answer. Are there different kinds of bullets available for the weapon that was used in Tucson. It is quite apparent they were not the exploding kind. I shudder to think if those had been available and had been used, what the damage to Gabby Giffords would have been. In that case, thank God for small favors.

Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    common sense
    I'll add rational thought, understanding the Constitution, and not confusing facts with emotions.

Those people are off their rockers, absolutely vile and disgusting individuals who fail at placing blame of terrible events on those that caused it and rather would place blame on an piece of mechanical equipment that has no control over how it is used. If they really wanted to make a difference, they'd target the reasons people go on rampages.

The worst part is, as you saw, there's no arguing with them. Because they base their reactions to guns on emotion, you cannot counter with logic. You can lay out every gun statistic out there, and they'll still be against it. You can show them how a gun saved people, and they'll still be against it.

It's fine to not like guns, not want to handle them, etc. But to push for legislation to impact my ownership of firearms, well that's where I have an issue.
    Oly, it's not often I get to say this to someone, but here goes....you 'get it' I mean, you really 'get it'. There is not one thing I could add to your post the would improve it. Good show buddy.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

i saved this quote since it gave me a good laugh.

XXXXX: My husband brought out a point, and we really don't know the answer. Are there different kinds of bullets available for the weapon that was used in Tucson. It is quite apparent they were not the exploding kind. I shudder to think if those had been available and had been used, what the damage to Gabby Giffords would have been. In that case, thank God for small favors.
    ...as we see here, this woman, no doubt a reliable sample of those in the Brady campaign, has formed her perspective from erroneous info and willful ignorance.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

i just want some of the exploding kind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast