Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: oh no i got banned

Navigator

Re: oh no i got banned

randver
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Yeah, just imagine the day they start making exploding bullets... I mean what will we do?! >.< Some people... she probably doesn't realize that the Chinese invented exploding stuff a long long time ago...
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

I have actually seen in person some (I believe) M26 rounds for the Barret 50 cal's that have a small shaped explosive charge in the nose of the bullet. as if a .50 cal doesn't do enough damage. They were also featured in an episode of "Snipers: Behind The Cross-hairs" on discovery channel, or Nat Geo, or something awhile back about some opportunities these rounds allow soldiers in the middle east.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    I have actually seen in person some (I believe) M26 rounds for the Barret 50 cal's that have a small shaped explosive charge in the nose of the bullet. as if a .50 cal doesn't do enough damage. They were also featured in an episode of "Snipers: Behind The Cross-hairs" on discovery channel, or Nat Geo, or something awhile back about some opportunities these rounds allow soldiers in the middle east.
    Interesting. So maybe she was referring to those and not completely clueless?
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

probably thinking of self defence style bullets that the media always says "explode".

Quote Originally Posted by some_odd_girl
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    Interesting. So maybe she was referring to those and not completely clueless?
    To be honest, I doubt it.

Explosive rounds are very seldom used, extremely expensive, and I've yet to see any that are in pistol calibers. They are usually limited to .50 caliber, or larger, rounds.

"Explosive rounds" is commonly used by the gun grabbers to incite fear (which is an emotion, funny how that works...) with people who are ignorant about guns. What they refer to as 'explosive' is usually hollow points. Hollow points are used by police and civilians for many reasons, one is that it limits over-penetration to keep the bullet from passing through the target and harming an individual on the other side. It's also designed to incapacitate the target quicker. After all, if you are shooting someone to save your life, or someone else, quick incapacitation ends the attack.

Here is a great wiki link that highlights how false allegations, fear mongering, and ignorant people can have such a bad impact on guns: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Talon

Luckly we are now living in a time where the internet is so wide spread that correct information can be spread and we are not subjected to the bias of a select number of people.

I've urged many people who are afraid of, dislike, or are ignorant about guns to go online and READ. It's so incredibly important to understand and research a topic before supporting or condemning it. There's been so many times I've had conversations, or arguments, with people who hate or are scared of guns that have never even read a bit about them other that movies or the media, and when that happens, there's no rational debate and their arguments end up lacking any factual information and are based purely upon emotion(see my previous post). And that's how it is, 'explosive' sounds far more dangerous than "hollow-point". "rapid fire" sounds far more dangerous than semi-automatic.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck
    Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    Quote Originally Posted by randver
    common sense
    I'll add rational thought, understanding the Constitution, and not confusing facts with emotions.

Those people are off their rockers, absolutely vile and disgusting individuals who fail at placing blame of terrible events on those that caused it and rather would place blame on an piece of mechanical equipment that has no control over how it is used. If they really wanted to make a difference, they'd target the reasons people go on rampages.

The worst part is, as you saw, there's no arguing with them. Because they base their reactions to guns on emotion, you cannot counter with logic. You can lay out every gun statistic out there, and they'll still be against it. You can show them how a gun saved people, and they'll still be against it.

It's fine to not like guns, not want to handle them, etc. But to push for legislation to impact my ownership of firearms, well that's where I have an issue.
    Oly, it's not often I get to say this to someone, but here goes....you 'get it' I mean, you really 'get it'. There is not one thing I could add to your post the would improve it. Good show buddy.
    Gracias!
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Quote Originally Posted by randver
    XXXXX: My husband brought out a point, and we really don't know the answer. Are there different kinds of bullets available for the weapon that was used in Tucson. It is quite apparent they were not the exploding kind. I shudder to think if those had been available and had been used, what the damage to Gabby Giffords would have been. In that case, thank God for small favors.
    Maybe this lady was referring to shotgun shells?
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Hey thanks for the info! Very informative. I'll have to go research to make sure you're right though

Quote Originally Posted by some_odd_girl
    Hey thanks for the info! Very informative. I'll have to go research to make sure you're right though

Always good to check!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12