Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Fiberglass 1G 4runner wheel wells

Toyota Fiberglass 1G 4runner wheel wells

I'm hoping Slacker from Toyota Fiberglass sees this . . .

I was looking at their site just a few days ago and saw that they now have 1st gen 4runner wheel well repair panels in fiberglass for $175/ea . . . I was hoping for a bit more info, pics installed and install instructions. Do they just overlay the existing sheet metal or does the existing 1/4 panel have to be cut?

[img width=800 height=600]http://www.toyotafiberglass.com/4Runner%20wheel%20wells%201.jpg[/img]

I was also wondering if there has been any thought given to making a similar 1/4 panel, but matching the look of the "high clearance" fenders below. In other words, cut out the rear 1/4 and attach the fiberglass to the larger diameter inside the wheel well - with a bit of extended round flare to match these fronts:
    [img width=800 height=450]http://www.toyotafiberglass.com/HPIM0037.jpg[/img]

or partial panels with the "Custom 3 Flare 1/4's"
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Re: Toyota Fiberglass 1G 4runner wheel wells

Thanks for the interest .. and I'm glad to answer any questions .
    first off , let me say .. we're not a "large" company like walmart, but just a small personal company with a coulpe of employees . 15 years in opperation . Usually there is a wait for products , so if your interested in ordering , keep this in mind . Expansion is in the works , but I dont want to "grow" to large and possably compromize quality , so things will grow slowly .

ok .. that said .. on to the questions

our repair panels are fairly easy to repair/replace .. and less work then replacing the complete 1/4'rs .
    depending on the final "quality of repair" you want , you can either "glue" on the panels over top of the old panel like a "bandaid" or cut steel , and blend in the panel . Glueing is fairly straight forward , blending is a little bit more involved .

To blend the panel , we also recomend "glue" but in a bit different manner . using the new repair panel , you would scribe your cut lines and cut the steel . To mount the panel you will need some "glue" strips . These glue strips will then line the cut line leaving 1" exposed and gluing the other inch to the inside of the panel . Then once the strip are dry , it is then thim to attach the fiberglass . Same process , glue and attach .. then just a blend is required
    Fella in Florida did these and sent some pics to us .. looks great .

79-83 hi clearance fenders .. Yes .. We are currently working on a "flare" to match the front , so you can either use it on the factory steel bed (with some cutting) or our fiberglass bed .. look for that soon
    here is a pic in the "mock up stage"

Rear 3" flared fenders are also avaliable in a "repair panel" .. iF ANY ONE WANTS THEM .. LET ME KNOw ...

We also currently working on some "hi clearance 4Runner panels .. these wont be avlaible as a "repair" panel , but as a complete replacement panel ..
    They will match our very popular fronts , and should now be avaliable soon .. but again , there is already a waiting list ..

not quite sure why .. the "thread box" bounces all around when postin a larger post ? very anoying

86 4x4 ,&nbsp; fiberglass bed &nbsp; , 1/2 doors , hood ... more to come . <br />84 2WD &quot;hotrod&quot; Intercooled 7MGTE <br />83 Trekker SR5 CURRENT BUILD <br /><br />My home page MY PAGE <br />2WD fourm I frequent<br />NEW Trekker forum

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll be sure to keep an eye on your site for any updates. The rear high clearance 1/4's are looking good

I'm hoping to be able to finally move on getting the rear 1/4's on my 4runner taken care of this year, I've been putting it off for too long already.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker
    not quite sure why .. the "thread box" bounces all around when postin a larger post ? very anoying
    I had the same problem before switching to Firefox, kinda annoying isn't it

for sure ..

we have the first install comming in our shop very soon, for the rear hi clearance rears and fronts .. if you would like me to post the build here , I would be happy to !! .. just let me know

86 4x4 ,&nbsp; fiberglass bed &nbsp; , 1/2 doors , hood ... more to come . <br />84 2WD &quot;hotrod&quot; Intercooled 7MGTE <br />83 Trekker SR5 CURRENT BUILD <br /><br />My home page MY PAGE <br />2WD fourm I frequent<br />NEW Trekker forum

Post it up by all means!!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by slacker
    we have the first install comming in our shop very soon, for the rear hi clearance rears and fronts .. if you would like me to post the build here , I would be happy to !! .. just let me know
    Absolutely!

Previously, shipping (which cost more than your product where I used to live) was one of the big reasons keeping me from ordering . . . by the end of this week I'll only be a 10 hr drive from your shop and that's where I may end up staying for a few years.

Corey I'll ditto the "Yeah post it up" sentiment since I know people are also moving into more and more or the 3rd-Gen Pickups and 2nd-Gen 4Runners as the pricing has dropped for them.

The Tacoma front end kits out there as I've posted a picture of it previously and I know having something as smooth and linear in shape rather than the boxed shaped 3" ones like H-Man sell would really be a cool thing to see.

Picture this with similarly shaped rear fenders b/c you put a Tundra rear in.

ok guy's I will post the build here .. it's a complete rebuild including a new front roof ..

also NorCal
    we purchaced a 2nd gen 4runner last summer (sitting in the compound) we are going to be building some stock replacement 1/4rs .. + some HI-ClEARANCE 1/4r's comming soon .. not sure on specifics just yet ... but keep an eye out for them ..

3rd gen trucks .. we have some VERY cool pieces

Nice pickup! I really like those fiberglass fenders!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

^+Hood, I still am drooling over that. Is it an effective opening like say you wanted to clear a 3.4l?

Dan, you're wheels are rolling right now on your '90 huh? See, addictive hobby I tell you.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast