Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Fiberglass 1G 4runner wheel wells

Re: Toyota Fiberglass 1G 4runner wheel wells

it's exactly built for the supercharger .. (truck pictured has a 3.4+ S/C)

this one is a "custom" hood .. 1 off and not yet for sale .. but we do offer the scoop as a "bolt on" fits awesome

we have found shipping hoods is VERY costly , and not to many people want to actually spend the money .. shipping bolt on scoop is much more affordable for everyone ..

It's Universal .. and we make it to fit ALL years ...............

86 4x4 ,&nbsp; fiberglass bed &nbsp; , 1/2 doors , hood ... more to come . <br />84 2WD &quot;hotrod&quot; Intercooled 7MGTE <br />83 Trekker SR5 CURRENT BUILD <br /><br />My home page MY PAGE <br />2WD fourm I frequent<br />NEW Trekker forum

In for high clearance rear 1/4's for 2nd Gen Runner. What size tire fits comfortably in the front fenders pictured here? (with a tubbed firewall) 35"?

2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

depending on the front bumper you have ... 36" tires fit with no lift but with firewall tubing . I hope to do the rears the same , but the problem is the rear passenger door .. just no room with out mods to the door .. so

from what I have read .. and what I have seen .. and what I know .. most guys interested in this application would have already done or are contemplating rear axle modifications/relocation ..

do you guys think relocating the wheel well opening 2" back would be the answer ?

86 4x4 ,&nbsp; fiberglass bed &nbsp; , 1/2 doors , hood ... more to come . <br />84 2WD &quot;hotrod&quot; Intercooled 7MGTE <br />83 Trekker SR5 CURRENT BUILD <br /><br />My home page MY PAGE <br />2WD fourm I frequent<br />NEW Trekker forum

Navigator

i dunno... i have 1" longer arms.. but most people with 2nd gens just run stock..
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by slacker
    ..do you guys think relocating the wheel well opening 2" back would be the answer ?
    Quite easily possible b/c you have a certain amount you can get away with on the rear 4wd driveshaft w/o modding it or even getting away with a 1" spacer, or even consider modding a 2wd one to keep things close to factory if that is one's desire. Problem also being is you start to get into the filler neck spot.

Extending the wheelbase toward the rear is pretty appealing - would help with the enormous rear overhang too.

Good point on the filler. If the filler is the bottleneck, I'm not opposed to modding the rear doors. The important thing to me (in PA) is wheel/tire coverage. Tires can't stick out here or you get hassled/won't pass vehicle inspection.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack

I always told myself that when I build up my '90, I'd like to push the rear axle back. Now, knowing me, I'd probably never get around to it, but that is something I've always thought would be beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    Dan, you're wheels are rolling right now on your '90 huh? See, addictive hobby I tell you.
    Those are the '08 Tacoma rims I've been running for over a year now. I needed new tires, and buying a set of slightly used rims/tires was cheaper than buying new tires and paying for mounting and balancing.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    Good point on the filler. If the filler is the bottleneck, I'm not opposed to modding the rear doors. The important thing to me (in PA) is wheel/tire coverage. Tires can't stick out here or you get hassled/won't pass vehicle inspection.
    could always do the garden edging mod. haha
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

thanks for your opinion and insite guys ..

and honestly .. I dont think the fuel filler is any kind of an issue for me .. I will need to have a better look , but relocating it higher , building it into the flare is not a problem , and I can build it in any direction to utalize the OE door or even maybe a billet door , what ever .

my biggest issue is the rear passenger doors .. modding the doors would not be an easy thing for the "average Joe" .. how ever moving the axle back is fairly easy and benificial

My thought here is ..

if a guy is going to do this "hi clearance" option .. mods have already been plentiful . bumpers have been changed , lift has been added tires ect .. ect .. IF he knows about the 1/4r's ahead of time , planning tomove the rear is not a problem ..

correct me if I'm wrong , and please .. keep this going as I really value your opinion ..

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    Not the "look" I'm going for, but if push comes to shove at inspection time...
    could always do the garden edging mod. haha

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast