Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Fiberglass 1G 4runner wheel wells

Re: Toyota Fiberglass 1G 4runner wheel wells

Quote Originally Posted by slacker
    if a guy is going to do this "hi clearance" option .. mods have already been plentiful . bumpers have been changed , lift has been added tires ect .. ect .. IF he knows about the 1/4r's ahead of time , planning to move the rear is not a problem ..
    Agreed - my fuel tank is moving anyway.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

F150 tanks FTW!
    For that matter Cabchop/swap FTW!!

Don't you guys have these too Corey?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn

Don't you guys have these too Corey?
    nope .. Offshore only .. they were not delivered in North America .

so what is the concensious here ? modifying the rear doors or moving the axle slightly ?

also .. I have the "stock" replacement 1/4r comming first .. so I think if a guy wants to bolt on a bushwacker or something .. he could do that .. or if he/she wants to clearance that fender it would be easy , as it fiberglass ..

86 4x4 ,&nbsp; fiberglass bed &nbsp; , 1/2 doors , hood ... more to come . <br />84 2WD &quot;hotrod&quot; Intercooled 7MGTE <br />83 Trekker SR5 CURRENT BUILD <br /><br />My home page MY PAGE <br />2WD fourm I frequent<br />NEW Trekker forum

^I still in(en?)vision just having the piece separate from the fender and attaching to the doors but I haven't the experience to put it to a sketch. The closest sort-of would be this..

Hmmm - seen that method before somewhere...

2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack

yeah .. I have considered this before .. I have dismissed this option

biggest issue with this is the "dog leg" for the rear door (inner structure) .. I can build any skin/flare I want , but ultimatly it has to have the inner structure to "hang on to"

without modifying the inner dog leg (structural) , there really is no extra clearance !! I cant see just cutting the dogleg out ?

86 4x4 ,&nbsp; fiberglass bed &nbsp; , 1/2 doors , hood ... more to come . <br />84 2WD &quot;hotrod&quot; Intercooled 7MGTE <br />83 Trekker SR5 CURRENT BUILD <br /><br />My home page MY PAGE <br />2WD fourm I frequent<br />NEW Trekker forum

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    Hmmm - seen that method before somewhere...
    *It was 2am-ish and I'd been up for 21hours with a sick baby, forgive my lack of noticing the obvious..

Ah I remember those days fondly. Enjoy this time - when they can start to talk (and fight with each other), you'll miss the serenity of a simple cry.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker
    yeah .. I have considered this before .. I have dismissed this option

biggest issue with this is the "dog leg" for the rear door (inner structure) .. I can build any skin/flare I want , but ultimatly it has to have the inner structure to "hang on to"

without modifying the inner dog leg (structural) , there really is no extra clearance !! I cant see just cutting the dogleg out ?

OK, if we move the axle back 2-3 inches (or whatever that number is, could you make a wheelwell as a part of this "rear 1/4 kit" so there wouldn't be much metal work involved (other than removing some of it)

there would be NO metal work .. other then cut and replace (re&re)

well not really .. inner wheel house would need to be modified to match the new "hi clearance" 1/4r .. doors might have an "add on flare" piece maybe (so maybe some drilling for mount studs) .. but no metal work as per say .. the're just a bolt on mould on piece ..

this I think is the "ticket"

sure wish more people would share there thoughts !!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast