Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite online radio?

Favorite online radio?

What do you guys like? I've been listening to Last.fm pretty heavily the past couple of months. I've used Pandora a few times, but not a lot. I'm not sure if there any other big ones out like those two... hence the reason I'm posting. What's out there that you use?

Re: Favorite online radio?

Grooveshark. It's got the radio feature, but the main part I like is that you can also search for and instantly listen to any song you want to. Pandora and last.fm are good, but grooveshark is the ultimate.
    -Casey-<br />94 4runner 4x4 SOLD<br />99 4runner Limited

Personally I like Pandora best. I've got several stations trained just the way I like them depending on mood, and the music quality is very good.

I've used Grooveshark a little and honestly didn't like it very much... The radio stations aren't very good at playing consistent music themes and choosing individual songs is too much work. It's nice if you want a specific song though.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

I've used last.fm quite a bit, I like it. But when school is in session sometimes too many people are using the net and there's not enough bandwidth for it to stream live.
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

I started streaming Pandora today.. Well, I've used it in the past, so it already knew of some stuff I liked/didn't like. Started off with Metallica, followed by Pantera, Guns N Roses, Sabbath, and then Metallica again. I streamed for a few hours through my surround sound while I cleaned house, and only heard like 2 songs I didn't care for. I think I'll be using it more from now on.

Having used slacker (on my blackberry), last.fm (on computer and xbox), and pandora (blackberry and computer). I've found to be pandora to be great for exploring new music, hands down this wins. You type in an artist and it lines other artists and songs up with your taste, great way to expand your music selection. It is also the main music app I listen to on my phone.

last.fm I've only used mainly on my xbox (since I can use it on my stereo system). It's good, behaves similar to pandora, no complaints.

Slacker is great for selecting pre-made stations, I like the interface, and quality wasn't too shabby. Don't use it any more though, just moved onto pandora as I like their format better t than having pre-set stations.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

One thing that got me hooked with Last.fm was the new artists I was introduced to through it. Some of which are my favorite bands now. Most of what I've heard through Pandora is pretty common stuff so far, but it does play everything I like and the quality sounded good (laptop hooked to Logitech Z-5500's running as a 2.1 setup/moderate to loud volume in the living room).

I completely forgot about Slacker. I agree, it's good for pre-made stations, but that's about it IMO.

I pay a little extra and listen to Sirius online. The sound is immaculate, but again, it's not free.
    2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs

i actually really like AOL radio.

http://music.aol.com/radioguide/bb

click on the "listen now" button.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I wouldn't mind having a Sirius subscription. It'd be nice to have the player for the 4Runner, listen on the computer, and have a nice quality book shelf speaker system for it down stairs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast