Folks,

A while back, I wired up my stereo system as shown here:

The writeup is here: http://www.4runners.org/writeups/stereo/index.html

As you can see from the bottom left hand corner, I wired from the battery's positive terminal to an inline fuse then to the amp itself. There is a small remote turn on/off wire running from the amp to the head unit.

So here's the problem: When I would drive the biodiesel Benz to work, my 4runner would sit on the street. Sometimes for weeks. However, the battery would drain. I determined after a short time that it took less than 4-5 days to completely drain.

The temporary fix was to pull the inline fuse between the battery and the amp. I also did the same for a secondary circuit I made for my accessories (another culprit).

Once I did that, no more battery problems.

So my plan is to re-install the stereo system and secondary circuit (like frohbego is currently doing).

Question: Is wiring the amp the way I did the standard way of wiring an amp? If not, what can be done to make sure that the amp turns off so that it is not draining the battery?

I am assuming if I've done this amp wiring correctly, it might've been the secondary circuit.