Swweeett . . . I really wish we had more rally coverage in this country

http://www.ridelust.com/2011-rally-m...rground-stage/

It sounds like something out of a video game: a rally stage where the competition takes place deep underground, through the tunnels of a World Heritage Site. In 2011, the FIA World Rally Championship will make it a reality when they visit Guanajuato, Mexico. The 2011 Rally Mexico will kick off with a special stage run through Guanajuato’s extensive network of tunnels, created by silver mining that took place in the city from the 16th century through the early part of the 20th century. Over the years, some of the mine tunnels have been turned into neighborhoods, complete with residences, shops and museums.

Rally Mexico is the second event on the 2011 calendar, and will start with the underground stage on March 3, followed by a stage through the city’s narrow streets on the following day. Two “super special stages” will follow, held at the area’s Leon Race Circuit on Friday, March 4 and Saturday, March 5. The street stage will also be held on Friday and Saturday, running concurrent with the super special stages. If you always wanted an excuse to visit Mexico, this sounds like a good one to me.