Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Rally Mexico To Feature Underground Stage

Re: 2011 Rally Mexico To Feature Underground Stage

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    That looks so awesome. I wish we had more of this stuff on our TVs.

Can spectators watch the race inside the tunnels? I'd hate to be in the tunnel when a car runs into a support pillar.
    Not sure, never got down last year b/c of school.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    Too bad Keith n his lady are in Oregon, he could've been offered it if I'd known he was into this stuff sooner and had tickets for us in hand
    Yep, though I will say there are several rallies nearby in OR and WA for me to get my feet a little wetter. Listings like this aren't uncommon and don't help much
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

C'mon man, pull out the mastercard and visa and come down with us.

Remember those "old shots I had somewhere from when I was at ADT.." conversation, give me a few to pull them from the discs we found with me driving, still haven't found the rollover one.

[EDIT]Raquel's laughing so hard right now making fun of me and you doing donuts up at Emigrant Lake that time..not too bad for a guy in an underpowered 3.0 auto 2nd-gen Runner. Pics in a second..[sorry about the O/T everyone but it works and makes sense to Keith and I]

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    Listings like this aren't uncommon and don't help much
    My little bro bought an '88 All-Trac a few years ago for $350. It needed a LOT of work, and he's not at all mechanically inclined. He sold it in non-running condition for $850 a few months later, after putting in a new fuel tank, pump, and sending unit. Dude that bought it had it running within a couple days. It was an ugly car, but I wish he would have kept it.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

^That. Keith, lay off the booze, you can do much better. Wait, let work play itself out for a bit and then talk to me first b/c I have this Jedi sense thing going on right now w/ a couple things in the Toyota world over the next 2 years.

This is a sport I could really get into. We need to start our own off-road motorsports TV channel.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

^LOL..why when most here have seen those two test ride videos I made up the street. I should have my camera and mount with me more often..again, the whole being hurt plays into this though b/c it hurts to drive just every day stuff..I'm not sure after watching Lance's re-build thread if any of us right now are going to fork out for more go-fast play-things. I know I backed way off from my plans with this economy. Start building your '90 up, I'll provide you the tech, feedback, parts list, and investment #'s needed. I'll sit and heal, watch from the sidelines for now like we'll be doing in three weeks.

*Nevermind being broken, I'm sort-of over trying to "Be Cool/Tough/Fast"..I got a kid now.
    I think Lance said similar or at least the rumor goes that way.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    Wait, let work play itself out for a bit and then talk to me first b/c I have this Jedi sense thing going on right now w/ a couple things in the Toyota world over the next 2 years.
    Meh, 2 year plan . . . this year I volunteer and talk to people. I'm mostly interested in having fun anyway (FWD to win, RWD for more smiles per miles).

FYI, Mazda pays contingency for winning with anything, past or present, from their product line - old RX7s are popular, but the front is made of tissue paper. Oddly enough, one of the cheapest, most popular and bullet proof beginner rides is the Swedish brick Volvo 240 (several engines to pick from and a popular axle swap is the Toy 8").
    [img width=800 height=537]http://www.rallybrick.com/imgs/other_rallybricks/bill-blue-other-photographers/240_Rally.jpg[/img]
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

LOL..another SCCA ride. You'd be surprised what a Volvo can take and how well you can make them handle. FWIW these days all anyone's running is imports. There are no domestics anymore worth looking at. I started out in an old and overly built AMC Eagle with not enough horsepower. The thing was that crude brown, woodgrain sides, boss called it the "Shitstain on a Fireroad". Seriously, the plate even read SH1TSTN. I'm still not sure how he got that past DMV.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast