Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jim's (It'll Buff Out) Re-Build

Re: Jim's (It'll Buff Out) Re-Build

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling_Jim
    Since the truck is apart for the rebuild, I am taking the opportunity to chase threads that were buggered up by the PO.
    Jim, on that specific thread you are chasing there, it's the nut behind the front frame horn is just inside the edge opening of the body mount. Do yourself a favor and lay a quick weld bead on the edge of that nut. I see people time and time again having it snap loose from torque from the bolt, or winching.

Heck, for that matter mine's still loose.

Awesome Jim. I'm glad to see it coming back together already. As for your steering question, I bet that in your roll over the entire truck took such a beating that everything probably shifted around a little. In a steering system if just a couple parts get tweaked just a little it will shift your steering wheel. My old steering used to do that if I hit something a little too hard, nothing visibly bent, but the wheel was off.

YOu also mentioned paint. I'll have to look but I think I still have some actual military vehicle paint in olive, black and coyote tan. I got a couple gallons of each a while back.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

A pretty good comeback considering the roll - Keep us updated as the exo gets built. Are you planning to install a cage/window net to finish the rear of the 'door'?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234