Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jim's (It'll Buff Out) Re-Build

Re: Jim's (It'll Buff Out) Re-Build

And the new grill. I thought I was going to need new lights, since metal was crushed in around them. Except, they both worked when I tested them today. Down the road, I will re-wire them with heavy gauge, and a 40A relay right off the Optima battery.

One thing I would appreciate comments on. I drove it around the neighborhood, after putting the radiator in. The steering wheel is now 90 degrees off. Steve said I prolly bent the nuckle steering arm. But they are Marlin Chromoly, and they look straight. Also the toe-in is still 1/4", right where I set it last.

I am concerned that the crash may have stripped the splines in the Pitman arm or steering shaft. Don't know how to check this without taking everything apart. Any ideas, considering the linkage looks normal?

'89 Flatbed with detroits and 4 tires

Here's the new hood. I'll prolly run out of money to paint the truck. So, I'm thinking a 'Rattle Can' paint job. Unless anybody knows a cheap single stage paint, that I could spray myself in the garage.

Here's a couple shots of my 'Tube Door'. If you have to ask 'Why no hinges or latch?' that would tell the rest of us that you did not look at the video of the rollover. It's 1.75 DOM Chromo, and leaves me room to add an arm rest if I want and even a cup holder. Plus, if needed, it comes off with four bolts, and stock doors can go back on.

Another...

Looks like it's coming along pretty nicely!
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Looks good...glad you are rebuilding
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Navigator

im glad your rebuilding too, hope to wheel with you sometime
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

I'm glad your ok and working on the fix.

Do you have any neck or back problems from the rollover? I watched in horror and thought you might pull up pretty sore. Hope ur ok either way. Schit happens right!
    Mark<br />04 4Runner SE, 17x9 MT ClassicLocks, 35&quot; BFG&#39;s, ARB lockers frnt and rear, 4.56 Gears, SW Sliders &amp; Bullbar, Smittybilt 10000lb winch, custom susp, 1.5&quot; 4Crawler BL, Kurt Trailing Arms, Cobra 75WXST CB radio, 4ft Firestick, Yaesu FT-7800 2m/70cm Ham Radio, Sat. Radio.

yep Im still amazed that I was laughing and joking with Jim after that crazy of a roll. I still think there might be some brain damage in there somewhere
    85 4 runner that&#39;s just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

B,b,b,b,b,brain Damage? Prolly from the Argon gas and paint chips I've been breathing lately. I'm still amazed as well. I've been hurt worse flying over the bars on my MTB bike
    &#39;89 Flatbed with detroits and 4 tires

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast