Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jim's (It'll Buff Out) Re-Build

Re: Jim's (It'll Buff Out) Re-Build

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling_Jim
    Dain bramage hurt Mongo nol. I've been hurt worse flying over the bars on my MTB bike
    LOL..BTDT. Nothing like cracking the top of a Giro full-face open at Downieville after having knee skated your shin guards through the rock garden.

and not all that slow. I love it. Keep up the good work. After my roll, my steering wheel was the same way. I checked all of my linkages, and everything appeared to be fine... I just pulled the steering wheel off and re-centered it, and bolted it back on. This may be tougher in anything new enough to have an airbag, I am unsure of that. Mine is an '84, there is nothing in my steering wheel except horn contacts.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Navigator

an 89 does not have airbags either
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Mine has one. But it's behind the wheel, not in it.

Anyway, got the new PS cooler hoses on this evening. Plus the E fan and switch arrived. The headlights came on OK, and aligned pretty well. So, almost ready to mount the new grill and modified bumper. Pics later...
    '89 Flatbed with detroits and 4 tires

A 'Door' pic...

'Door' and kick plate. It's actually easy to climb in and out, but I will weld some grab handles onto to EXO when I build that. I drove it around the neighborhood like this. Really nice how much more you can see without the doors on. I always planned to build Summer doors, but gonna like this more, I think. I may need full doors to pass DMV safety inspection (get the salvage title back to standard title), don't know yet.

Here's some expanded metal, cut out for a rock screen for the radiator. Gonna mount the PS cooler to that.

Here's the SPAL fan and DERALE Therm switch. The truck never got hot, but the SPAL will take some load off the little 22RE engine. Plus, I can switch it off from the cab for water crossings.

Since the truck is apart for the rebuild, I am taking the opportunity to chase threads that were buggered up by the PO.

PS Cooler almost ready to mount...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast