Thread: 20110206 Pumpkin eater, Stodder Wells area

20110206 Pumpkin eater, Stodder Wells area

http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Pumpkin_Eater_Trail
    http://www.myjeeprocks.com/reports/2...pumpkin-eater/

an afternoon of welding a wrenching with Steve turned into a full night of wheeling when we set out to run pumpkin eater over in stodder wells. the plan was flawed from the start however because we decided on Pumpkin partly because Stodder wells OHV is just down the street from me, but it turns out Pumpkin eater was easier to get to from Barstow.

the trail Achy breaky runs a circle around a small mountain and Pumpkin eater goes up one of the gullys. Achy breaky seems fun enough, but we didnt run the whole thing. it appears to be a normal mojave mine trail type experience with a few obsticals that would stop stock vehicles. Pumpkin on the other hand has some great terrain with a lot of similarity to something you might find at the hammers. we definitely have to go back in the day time or attend the high desert round up. we dont have many pictures due to it being a night run and not even finding the trail till 1am, but here are a few videos that catch the silly, over tired, fun night.

VID00017
    VID00018
    VID00022
    pumkin eater

Re: 20110206 Pumpkin eater, Stodder Wells area

You guys made some good of sliders haha
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

we take the armor for granted now lol. it takes awhile to trust it all but it always holds thankfully or i wouldnt have enough truck left to call it a 4runner

That was some seriously fun stuff. Can't wait to get out there in the daytime one of these days.
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

You should plan it sometime when I have a day off, I'll drive down and ride w/you guys
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Would have been better if someone broke a CV there.
    2001 4Runner 3.4V-6 SR5 4x4 Money Pit<br />2008 FJC TT SE 6 SPEED stock

Navigator

well you shoulda gone with em then :P im sure your truck would have volunteered to break a cv. haha

looks like a fun run
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock