Thread: Back in the saddle again!

Back in the saddle again!

Multimedia Post! Click the link before reading further:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGPbMcCRDLw#

It's official everyone! I'm a working man again!

This time last year I was beginning to receive my unemployment checks, applying to go back to school to get another degree without any money and hoping for grants and financial aid. I was also realizing I was gonna be a father, with a wife that has diabetes, and the risks it put on her and the baby, and not seeing a single possible work prospect at all. Talk about having just a little stress in my life.

Today, I am less than a month from a degree, a happy father of a lovely little girl, with a wonderful wife who's also doing very well..

Bonus, I am possibly having two employers figuring out how to cooperate so I can work at least 30 hours for each of them.

May all those that are in the shoes I was, or possibly stepping into them have all the blessings we have been given!

Shane

p.s. I wonder if one of my new bosses will notice the first mod to the dealership vehicle I did to gain us 10hp?
    If someone wants to throw a UY one in the mail to us I'll find a spot for it.

Re: Back in the saddle again!

Congrats. What are your degrees in?

take just one of them with 40+ hours so you can get some benefits for the family.

Congrats buddy ! Glad to hear all the good news
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

yay! now i dont have to hang my head in shame when someone asks if i know you!

j/k!

congrats man! you earned it
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Thanks guys. The degree is in Social and Behavioral Sciences, with a minor in Business Administration. That way all my previous education in Business Marketing and Finance and the years of operations and managment experience all remains relevent in a marketable way.

Troy, nobody is hiring full time right now and I think my sticking with the spot at Toyota while keeping my options open is definitely the best choice. The bonus is a little freedom to do some local trips finally, who knows, I might finally have a chance to do a couple quick Pismo and Lone Pine trips.

Bump, thought I'd include this while posting today. That job didn't last but I am happy to have the time at home to see this stuff while I can

Hey congrats man!! And your little girl is absolutely adorable.
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.