Thread: My best fab work yet!

My best fab work yet!

Seriously, I bet you can't even tell where the factory exhaust ends and my custom, fully hydroformed exhaust begins. Take special note of the ultra high tensile strength, powder coated, imported from japan, exhaust hangers. Those babies cost a pretty penny to air freight to my house.

[img width=800 height=533]http://www.robinhood4x4.com/UY/exhaust.JPG[/img]

So I go to take the old 4runner in to get it emissions tested and the guy takes one look and says he can't test it because his sniffer can't reach the exhaust pipe. My exhaust is cut off right above the axle where the U-bolt clamp is in the picture.

Nevermind that they've smog tested it twice already in the past. I think it's because it was Friday afternoon and the guy didn't want to bend down and hook up the sniffer. He already looked annoyed with the people in front of me.

Sigh...oh well. The guy said to go down to the parts store and get some exhaust pipe, rig something up and bring it back. This things only going to be on for the testing, then I'll take it off at the clamp. What sucks is this totally messes up my Saturday because I was going to go javelina hunting. Now I gotta take this in to get it tested.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Re: My best fab work yet!

Looks legit to me.

Does AZ have regular testing? Like every couple of years like CA? I figured they didn't unless your selling.

Funny thing is that it works great. I would keep it if my spare tire weren't normally right above the hot pipes, but trust me, it looks so ghetto in real life. Even my wife laughed at it when I showed her.

It depends on where you live. If you live or work in the city then they have testing every 2 years. If you live in BFE, then I don't think there's emissions testing.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

haha, I had to do basically the same thing last month, lol my getto set up is still there only cause its been to cold to remove it, but on the brightside, its suppose to be almost 50 tomorrow, so it should get removed then, lol
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz