Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This I want. Now I just need a good job.

This I want. Now I just need a good job.

One of things I've been wanting to get for like 6 years is a motorcycle. It pains me to browser shop for motorcycles, knowing there's no way that I can afford one.

I was just looking at the new 2011 Aprilia Shiver 750, and for the record... I want it!

Also, I'm really digging the 2011 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750.. and I've never been a big fan of the super motard style. I think those are my current 'Top 2' of wants (1200 pictured, not the 750).

Revised list of wants: 2011 Yamaha FZ8, 2011 Honda Hornet, 2009 Buell Lightning XB12, 2011 KTM SuperMoto 990(second favorite motard style), 2011 Ducati Hypermotard 796(or 1100), 2011 Ducati Monster 795(or 1100), 2010 Triumph Bonneville, 2010 Triumph Scrambler, and 2011 BMW F800R.

I think if I didn't get the Aprilia's listed.. I'd definitely consider the Ducati Hypermotard and the KTM SuperMoto. I also have always liked the Buell Lightning XB line, and I think it'd be cool if Harley started making a street figher style bike to replace the Buell Lightning.

Re: This I want. Now I just need a good job.

Huh, I'm not sure I really like the look of those Aprillas. I can't explain why... Of course, I know nothing about the stats and such. :P Some of those others are pretty sweet looking though. I've personally always liked Ninjas.
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Yeah, the closest thing on my list to the Kawasaki you like is the Daytona 675. Otherwise, most of the ones on my list are naked bikes/no fairings.

bikes are so much fun, even more fun getting on a track, either for a track day, but moreso actually racing, I also browse the ads for a good used bike from time to time.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

I don't know much about bikes, but I like the looks of the Ducatis and the old school Harleys (I think?) used to race around the dirt tracks.

I always thought it would fun to build a bike, but I'd be too scared to ride it. Too many crazy drivers out there.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

I much prefer a super motard or a dual sport, big harley (YECH) style cruiser is just useless for me and the sportbikes are fun but geez talk about trying to hard not to do 100+ mph..way to tempting for me.

Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

My signature

Oooooh Ducati's are sexy!

I've never rode a motorcycle, only a little tiny motorized thing, which I crashed into a fence because my friend forgot to tell me how to brake :P
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

fenrisx, looked at one of those myself two weeks ago over here in Livermore listed at about $9,500 with what I'd want, nice handling and plenty of fun. Too bad my family won't let me ever own another one..it's bad enough hanging with one of my friends and having to sit there looking at this:

*LOL..raise your hand if you've laid a bike down hard and/or wrecked.

I've only had my fair share of dirt bike crashes... which I know isn't even close to being the same.

Oh yes.. the 1098 and 848 are both beautiful bikes. I'd hate to have a friend who owned one, knowing that I couldn't, as selfish as that sounds.. tis true.

My friend at my last job before I moved up from Georgia always road dual sports. He loved them. The last time I went down to visit he had traded his Kawi KLX450 for a Kawi KLR650.. or it was a KLX250 for a 450. I forget which. He wanted a street fighter type bike, but said he was happy with his dual. He came from big Harley cruisers mainly, and an old Buell Lightning (S1).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast