Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 20110211-13 KOH, Motino, Cougar Buttes

20110211-13 KOH, Motino, Cougar Buttes

i got in on the sat-sun fun but the rest of the gang was out there for KOH as well.

first up was a visit to Choco Thunder. this trail is the balls. unfortunately it was part of the race track and was severly thrashed. holes were burnt in to match the race size tires and large rocks were pushed into the lines. Steve made a valent effort and the resultant video:
    chocolate thunder with Steve-O - UltimateYota - blip.tv

after that we headed to motino wash. the local motors guy came with us and drove the rally fighter over to the trail area. motino is oddly different after the rains. the hard stuff is easier and the easy stuff is harder. what was formerly 33" and one locker was done with 32" and one locker. John was on his game and wheeling his extendo cab like a boss. i think i liked motino the way it was but change is good!

last but not least was Cougar Buttes. J-money from T4R.org met up with us and we made our way to Hammer down. HD is generally considered the hardest in the buttes for established trails and it lived up to the hype. we ended up doing it backwards by mistake but that was for the best. im not sure if any of us could have taken its gatekeeper forward. Motino and Hammer Down - UltimateYota - blip.tv

Re: 20110211-13 KOH, Motino, Cougar Buttes

I really like the song you picked for Chocolate Thunder. Pretty sweet vid! And the trench straddle is freakin badass.
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Navigator

watched these vids and the rest on facebook... damn i need to move to LA.. haha
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

there got the final video in there

[b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

I was at KoH from 2/5 to 2/12. I was with Team BNS (aka, The Redhook Group)

Glad to see you guys made it out there too!

What a crazy time, I'll be sure to post some pictures once I get them uploaded (ended up with about 1,400 photos, so I've got a few to go through)
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

What a great weekend! KOH was a blast and definitely on the calendar for next year.

I was a bit hesitant about mottino without being locked up front and my tire size. If it wasn't for the armor I wouldn't have made it. Every piece of armor got used on that trail! Thanks troy and steve for giving me spotting where i needed it!

My pics from Mottino:
    http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ottino%20Wash/

great wheeling with again you John! love this picture of me being "that guy" hahah

Quote Originally Posted by oly884

What a crazy time, I'll be sure to post some pictures once I get them uploaded (ended up with about 1,400 photos, so I've got a few to go through)
    Sounds like something I would do! Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead242
    You got some nice pics!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast