Especially since I only had 6/32" of tread left on the old ones, so new tires were coming up in less than 10,000 miles anyway... As much as I'm driving it now, that would be about 4-months.

Just got some pics in from Don at Dallas Custom Steering Wheel of my completed rebuild. 2-days as promised and my wheel is ready to ship. I will have it in-hand by Monday.

Only problem that I see is that this is an 02+ wheel. I guess I'll find out first-hand if these fit OK in the 98-01 cruisers....

[img width=800 height=600]http://www.4rnr.net/cruiser/DCSW-8.jpg[/img]

$269 for the recover
+$30 for the custom stitching (instead of baseball-type stitch)
+$30 for the extra padding
+$17 to ship it to me

$346 total for the work

+$75 core charge on top of that (paid $421, getting this part back)

Having a nice, plush, NEW feel to the only part of the vehicle that you actually touch with your bare skin = PRICELESS.

You will have to take my word for it until you FEEL the difference for yourself, but when I replaced the worn leather on my old 4Runner with a new kit, the feel of the entire truck changed. It was thicker, so it made the wheel feel better in my baseball-mit hands. It had a cushioned feel and added grain instead of the slick japanese leather feel of the OEM skin. It really did make driving the truck go from OK, to actually being more enjoyable. I would get in the truck after driving my acura for a few days and as soon as I'd grab the wheel, I would think to myself how much better that one felt than the one in the Acura. It really does make a difference since it really is the only piece of the entire vehicle that you have to constantly contact/feel with bare skin while driving.