Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bought: 2000 Land Cruiser

Bought: 2000 Land Cruiser

FINALLY... (bought it in June 2006)

After talking to way too many "Independent" car dealers in south florida with unintelligible accents, I finally came across a decent cruiser here in Tennessee. Originally from South FL, it came to TN about 3 years ago. It was traded in on a new Infiniti in Nashville, where I came across it on one of my uncoutable internet searches.

Specs: 2000 Land Cruiser (no locker, but has VSC), Black with Tan Leather, 62k dealer maintained (records provided) miles, yada yada yada...

We wanted a 2001/02, but just can't find any for less than $26k and decent miles anywhere around here and I'm hesitant to go into debt for something that I haven't laid my hands on in person.

It has - or should I say HAD - vinly pinstripes on it up until about an hour ago. I dropped a few bens as down payment and they're peeling the stipes and detailing it for delivery.

It's for the wife, but I'll get to sneak it out of the garage from time to time... :P

It will end up with the bumpers and trim painted Black along w/ some OEM 18" wheels via eBay and some Nitto Terra Grapplers or REVO's along with some matching tint on the front windows and a small subwoofer/amp. I'll probably also loose the flares if the paint isn't messed up underneath them.

pics...

a couple teaser pics...

and since, i installed two sets of Polk Audio 6.75" coax speakers for the 4 doors, an Alpine 55Wx4 amp to push them, a JL12W3 (dual 2ohm VC) in a carpeted box, and i already have a 150W Alpine mono amp to push it. at least the cruiser now has some good tunes
    -andy

Re: Bought: 2000 Land Cruiser

Andy,

I replaced my 2001 Tacoma with a 2000 TLC. I love the UZJ100 and the 2UZ-FE V8 is a great motor. The good thing about the 2000+ models of course is the traction control and vehicle skid control.

I needed a vehicle that could tow, wheel, and hold more people and this thing has fit the bill so far.

I'm impressed as heck you found one with such low miles

I recently purchased an 02 tundy with the 4.7 I love the thing, might have to find one for the runner.... But really, 130k on the v8 and it still feels stronger than the chevys.
    97 runner and 02 tundy

That's a sweet lookin' ride bema! I am liking everything about it, interior, exterior (minus the cladding) color...the whole package.

If you ever plan to loose the keys, please do it around San Jose, CA

Congrats.
    :Marko:<br />
    Supercharged[COLOR=Sienna] 98 4Runner SR5 4x4 3.4L<br />315cc Injectors :: 4&quot; Deckplate :: TrueFlow Air Intake System :: Magnaflow 18&quot; Muffler w/ Resonator<br />XM Sat Radio (Roady XT) :: Autometer Boost Gauge :: Color Keyed Spoiler<br />
    <br /><br />
    TOYOTA|moving forward

lol... i'll eventually do something about that cladding like i did w/ my runner. it will be sporting an all-black look w/ the OEM 2003 18" wheels - eventually.
    -andy

looks very nice, congrats! its almost impossible to find a used suv up in the northeast without any rust issues. if i do decide to buy a used land cruiser i will have to buy it down south.

Looks very nice! It will look even better once you color match the bumpers and flares!
    1992 Celica All Trac Turbo

Nice. I've always loved LC's. I've been looking at 80's recently.

Speaking of, where is the forum for 40-80 LC's??
    Land Cruiser

Here you go:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/

It is more for the 40,45,55,60,62 but there are newer things in there too.
    1999 4Runner/Dana44 Front Axle - 1990 4WD Mini Pickup, 2006 Tundra &amp; 1948/1981 CJ2A Rock Buggy.

LOL steve - yeah, i think i've heard of that place somewhere...

anyway - the LC is now mine, and the modding begins... 18" LC wheels and some AT's on the way, followed by some painted cladding and removed running boards and flares.

i'm looking for a used ARB front bumper, but can't seem to find one anywhere. my distant "plan b" is to get a brush guard for now to at least mount some lights on until i get a good price on an ARB or TJM Classique. i'm going to make some sliders, and crank the torsion bars up front and add air bags in the rear. that should keep me busy for a while...
    -andy

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast