Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who lives in NorCal?

Who lives in NorCal?

Just thought I'd ask. I've got a job interview in the bay area in a few weeks...
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Navigator

Re: Who lives in NorCal?

where i the bay area? i know the bay pretty well, and only live a few hours south.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Yeah, ask whatever away..been here for all but 5 years of my life, having lived pretty much everywhere but Oakland/Richmond or outlaying areas. Just ask before Monday the 28th's here or wait for my reply until 2 weeks from then.

Basically, IMHO, whatever you are expecting wage wise, follow the Rent/Food multiplied by 35 or 40 for a decent livable wage, poor economy not withstanding, rents here and gas have not fallen in cost in the least and now things like Proctor and Gamble make are expected to start soaring along with any truck freight, despite us being a Port of Call.

Here's the BLS page to reference wage scales: http://www.bls.gov/

I live in the Sacramento area and like it a lot.

what mike said

I'm inteviewing in Livermore, you can probably put 2 and 2 together on what the employer might be.

I am worried about cost of living, I'm basically thinking they're need to offer me about 40-50% over what I'm making now to make it worth my while (and make up for the cost of living increase). It's a little hard to guess at what a salary they might offer me would be, we'll see what happens.
    Brian
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

One probelm if I move to Cali- I'll have to buy 10 round magazines for my Glock and leave the 13-round ones at my parents house in Tucson...

Lame
    Brian

CA is expensive and the Bay Area is the Bay Area but see what they'll do for you. I like it here all things considered. Oh and I've found that 10 rds. is always enough, not a biggie for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mastacox
    One probelm if I move to Cali- I'll have to buy 10 round magazines for my Glock and leave the 13-round ones at my parents house in Tucson...

Lame
    Learn to shoot better and you won't need those extra 3 rounds.
    My signature

**See if they'll pop for a commuter for you if the $'s not negotiable!!

2+2=4 but only if you're at the Labs, but they're experimenting daily on stuff to manipulate that outcome..

Old friend that works there has their place in Dublin, but it's an overpriced apartment just down the street from the penitentiary so it isn't as high as the other spots. You could conceivably risk driving in like everyone else does from Molesto, Turdlock, or Stockholm, or IMHO consider Fremont since Niles Canyon and highway 84 are right there.

When will you be in town, I'll buy ya a beer, or coffee. As far as gun and weapons laws, well, you know what they say about this state. Since I can pretty much nail which employer it is I can also recommend some people to chat up as far as housing possibilities like shared rentals or whatever if you land the spot and need something until you find a place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast