Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spin-Off: Who's a Honda or Subaru Owner/Geek?

Navigator

Re: Spin-Off: Who's a Honda Owner/Geek?

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    Im not a huge fan of honda, everytime I sit in any of them they feel cheap and chintzy compared to even a corolla.
    iv had the exact opposite feeling, all the corollas iv been in have a very cheap feeling interior with all hard plastics, and lots and lots of road noise..

edit: oh, and corollas get scary over 100mph.. they start floating a lot, whereas my old hatch i had up to 140 and it was completely stable.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    Im not a huge fan of honda, everytime I sit in any of them they feel cheap and chintzy compared to even a corolla.
    iv had the exact opposite feeling, all the corollas iv been in have a very cheap feeling interior with all hard plastics, and lots and lots of road noise..
    Glad I'm not the only one who felt it was the other way around.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Trust me, when and if it comes down to it there's a reason I'm considering Subaru and Honda. Toyota honestly is not impressing my in this category lately in the least.

FWIW I looked at the Acura TSX and test drove a Imprezza 5-door waggy as well as the Outbacks and Foresters for giggles. What's sad is that invariably my friends who are into this stuff will definitely be influencing our decision..there's only so much pressure they can exert on the wife before she see's things my way. Having GST and FFTec right here is just too much fun.

The logic with the Subby's is as much as I like Honda/Acura, the benefit of having 4/Awd is playing back into this equasion since I might just sell the 4Runner or give it to family. Might even store it for a few years so I can keep it.

*Keith's a bad influence here also, knock it off with the Rally stuff, I knew I should never, ever had mentioned that crap way back when.

**Since Subaru's are now also on the list I'm gonna modify the title and make sure a mod confirms the change.

Re: Spin-Off: Who's a Honda or Subaru Owner/Geek?

We have an '05 Subaru Forester XT and it's been a great vehicle for us. It's a bit cramped for longer trips but for longer trips we'd take the 4runner anyway. The wagon has more creature comforts than the 4Runner as well as a lot more power. We've got a full Yakima set up for skis, bikes and cargo basket so sometime it's a toss up between which vehicle we take. On the freeway we can pull 32 mpg fully loaded so it does better than the 4Runner where we usually get 21-22 on the freeway.

We picked up an 02 Subi Impreza Sport (Outback) for the wife. She's getting around 25mpg, it's awd, and decently fun to drive. The only bad thing I have to say so far is 1. it seems a fuel leak on the passenger side of the engine bay in cold temps is extremely common with these engines -> if your vents pull in air form outside(defroster) the entire cabin smells of fuel. 2. The window defroster seems to be absolutely USELESS in the cold temps up here.. to the point you can't even check your blind spots before merging. Something to keep in mind if you're looking at any Subi that share the 2.5l engine.

Overall the MPG is pretty good, fun to drive, the hatch is roomier than most coupe trunks. They look pretty good also...

Navigator

and as i found out today, Subaru's wheel snow and mud pretty good too

- Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12