Thread: windows live messenger update

windows live messenger update

Sucks.

I use Windows Live Messenger to video chat with my family in GA so they can see our daughter. Recently we were forced to update in order to use the webcam. Now, my messenger crashes once I sign in. I spent almost half hour trying to walk my grandmother through installing the update on hers before I realized mine wouldn't work. Now.. I uninstalled/reinstalled mine with no luck.

So, now I'm spending another half+ hour trying to walk her through installing Skype & creating an account.

Re: windows live messenger update

that stinks but skype is pretty slick. most guys i know use it overseas. i feel your pain in the over the phone set up. hope this is the end of your difficulties.

Skype is much better anyway. Also, google has a voice chat if you guys have gmail accounts.
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

I figured out my Windows Live issue.. apparently it's the only thing Windows Firewall blocks. I didn't know that it was being blocked.. I was able to sign on, but it would freeze instantly and say not responding. I added a rule for it, and now it works@!

We got Skype going, but the quality of video was lower than that of Live Messenger. Plus my grandmother has this preloaded webcam software on her PC that always causes issues with the webcam not showing up in the messenger, or the sound doesn't work. So.. we had that issue (sound didn't work) with Skype. I just put her on speaker phone because I didn't want to spend 20 minute walking her through getting to the task manager and stopping that program.