Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 27Feb2011 Snow 'n Dunes

Navigator

27Feb2011 Snow 'n Dunes

So, here in California we had a rare real winter storm come through this weekend, dropping snow in several local areas that almost never see it. So Chris (slosurfer) planned a run to MacPherson Peak (Sierra Madre Trail). Well, as most of you know, my 4runner has been out of commission for a few months, but i REALLY wanted to go on this run, so, I borrowed my moms 2000 Subaru Outback (sorry, only static shots, no action)

This is the group: One of these things, is Not like the others..

After drivin through some soupy mud gettin up to the elevation where the snow was actually stickin around:

AAANNNDDD, the place i got stuck.. found the Outbacks limits with street tires, at a little over a foot deep of snow i bottomed it out and had the tires spinning to no avail

And the 3 vehicles that had to end the run early for various reasons.. The Outback looks like all those Subaru TV commercials!

The rest of the photos are in this album: (yes it's set to public)
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=c4b1416ec1
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Navigator

Re: 27Feb2011 Snow 'n Dunes

oh, and while i was at work, This is what Chris did with some snow he filled his trailer with:
    - Kevin

* Stover, saw the pic on FB, that's just wrong. Every time an asshat kills a snowman Santa craps in their chimney!

That was an awesome trip! I'll do a full report soon and upload my photos to photobucket and some more vids.

In the meantime, here's one vid of some snow driving on the way down from the summit to pick up my trailer.

Snow Dunes 2011
    My signature

Cool vid Slo, I like the angle! It looks like a GoPro?
    2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Okie81
    Cool vid Slo, I like the angle! It looks like a GoPro?
    Ya he had his GoPro mounted on the windshield those things are badass
    - Kevin

http://gopro.com/

I have it bookmarked so I can remember to enter the Daily Give Away... I haven't been remembering every day lately though. It'd be flippin' AWESOME to win.
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Those GoPros are awesome. Even Discovery uses them on American Chopper. The CNC machine shots I know for sure are done with GoPro, and probably other shots as well.

Chris, which model do you have?
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Thanks! Those gopros are awesome! I have the Hero HD Motorsports Package. They finally came out with the "backpacs" for these things too! One pac is an LCD screen for the back which should be awesome and I plan on getting soon and the other is an extra battery pac for really long battery life.

I have a ton more videos from this and surf n turf but I need to wait till we get a new computer so I can edit them all. Right now I'm doing it all on my netbook which is a pain and doesn't work well.

Anyways, here are some pics from the trip...

Didn't show up in the pic, but you can see the Oceano Dunes from here and pretty much can see it the whole road
    My signature

My signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast